Position: Operations Supervisor (Waste Management)
Industry: Oil & Gas
Primary Purpose of Job
• Responsible for producing, reviewing and implementing the objectives targets for the Sewage Treatment Plant and devising suitable strategies for achieving the same.
• The position requires a thorough understanding of complex processes involved in sewage treatment.
• Fully responsible for overall effective and safe operations of New Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) with all its related facilities
• Responsible of the operation and maintenance of the sewage collector system ensuring that the sewage is flowing, collected and pumped or transferred by tankers properly without any sewage overflow or illegal sewage dumping.
• Control and supervise all treatment operations, process control activities of STP and ensure that the produced TSE (Treated Sewage Effluent) is in compliance.
• Implement the best work practices to enhance plant reliability and availability.
• Carry out the required modifications to improve plant performance.
• Extensive involvement in the preparation of the Scope of Work (SOW’s) of the new projects, New projects Front End Engineering Design (FEED) documents review, design/process workshops.
Education / Experience & Skills
• Minimum B.Sc. Degree in Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
• Extensive knowledge in mechanical /electrical / instrumentation and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) controls systems.
• Minimum 15 years post qualification experience in operation and maintenance of Sewage Treatment Plant.
• The experience should include at least 7 years in a senior supervisory capacity with overall operation and maintenance responsibility of the plant including mechanical, electrical, electronic, instrumentation and control etc.
• Knowledge of relevant codes and standards like EPA and OSHA.
• Working knowledge of personal computers.
• Experienced with computerized maintenance system, SAP preferred.
• Knowledge of Inventory Control and Project Management desirable.
• Good communication skills in English language (spoken & written). Good communication skills in Arabic Desirable.
Waste Management, Sewage Treatment Plant, Utilities, SAP, OSHA, SCADA
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role
- Oil and Gas
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 15
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Min: 30 Max: 50