* Avoid the risk of damage to the company property including but not limited to production stations, equipment working offshore.
* Ensure that marine operations are carried out in accordance with the company procedure guide for all craft operating in the company oil and gas fields, and with due consideration to proper seamanship, safety, good maritime practices, and prevailing weather conditions.
* Inspect contractor’s vessels and/or barges, their navigation and anchoring equipment to ascertain that such equipment is operating correctly and is in all respect suitable for employment on the job for which its use is planned.
* Assess the ability of contractor’s marine personnel to carry out marine operations safely and in accordance with good seamanship and marine practices.
* Review any proposed anchor pattern changed and ensure these are in accordance with the Procedure Guide and sound Marine Practice.
* Witness anchoring and/or other marine operations and prevent any action, which would result in damage to the company property.
* Report all observed shortcomings, which could cause or contribute to accidents and/or damage to the company property to the company Marine Department immediately.
* For reasons of confidentiality reports to the Senior Marine Officer should be made via the telephone if practical. Only in cases of extreme importance and/or emergency should VHF facilities be used, in which case the choice of words should be carefully considered.
* The Marine Observer, through the Resident the company Project Engineer, has the authority to stop Marine related operations whenever he deems it necessary to protect the company assets
* The Marine Observer must hold a Master Mariner (Class I) Foreign going certificate of competency issued by an authority acceptable to the company.
* The Marine Observer must have a minimum of five years proven experience in the offshore oil/gas industry with the emphasis on construction related activities, multi-anchor pipe lay, heavy lift and hook-up barges.
* Candidate should have good communication skills and professional approach in dealing with contractors/asset holders and should be able to provide constructive support during execution of offshore works.
Offshore Supervisor – Marine (for Topside Installation)
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role
- Oil and Gas
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.