– Participate in the development of Human Resource strategies and policies that support corporate business and human resources objectives, ensuring they are kept in line with market trends and are fair and consistent internally
– Assist in negotiations and consultation with any formal union and staff Associations on behalf of Oman Air with a view to achieving positive outcomes and broad agreement to proposals which met Oman Air’s business goals.
– Assist the team and corporate office team by actively contributing to the continued improvement of the health of the organization and assist in developing initiatives and solutions to enable positive trends to ensure Oman Air remains an employer of choice
– Research and provide suitable options to implement positive Human Resource programmes, in consultation with the relevant stakeholder groups, that will lead to a more efficient and motivated workforce.
– Assist to roll out the annual employee satisfaction surveys to gauge the employee satisfaction and motivation levels. To develop the action plan based on the survey findings.
– Conduct Disciplinary hearings for all entry level positions along with the respective user departments and the staff involved and investigate the root cause to take the necessary action plan ensuring to avoid the same in the future.
– Ensure registration of new employees in PASI and carryout all related functions and entitlements on need basis as and when required.
– Assist officials during participation in employer of choice surveys
– Maintains and updates an effective database of employee disciplinary actions.
– Maintain and update all employee records at corporate level with respect to assigned section function to ensure effective administration of employee records.
– Support Section Manager in developing policies and practices for HR systems by identifying and suggesting modifications to the software to meet HRD requirement
– Analyzes modifies and updates existing systems to improve operating efficiency.
– Consults with user departments to determine information needs and requests for specialized data.
– Acts as a liaison between HR and IT and represents the HRD on systems issues.
– Assists on multiple HRIS projects, and recommends changes in methods or procedures to increase Efficiency of the HR Systems.
– Provide timely and accurate data and information to the management.
– Conduct monthly payroll reconciliation to ensure all discrepancies are identified and addressed in a timely manner
– Maintain and update required information fields in the HRMS system with respect to compensation & benefits function
– Generate planned and ad hoc reports on compensation & benefits function as per the instructions received from superiors.
– Executing specific roles and responsibilities with respect to manpower planning within the company’s human resource policies and procedures
– Assists the Manager Manpower Planning in developing the annual manpower budgets & plan and generate timely management information reports in an efficient manner.
– Analyse the short term and long term manpower requirements with changes in the business plans of the Company.
– Any other task as assigned by the Management.
Bachelor degree in a related discipline preferably in Human Resource / Business Studies or any related discipline with 02 years of relevant work experience as a generalist within the HR department.
OR Two years college Diploma in a related discipline with 04 years of relevant work experience.
OR Specialised certificate / license in the related field with Secondary School and having 08 years of WY / Aviation experience in similar functions.
Proficiency in English (Spoken and Writing)
Proficiency in MS office
Good Interpersonal skills
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman’s Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman’s national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.