Mechanical Quality Control Engineer/Inspector
• Candidate will spend approximately 75% of their time in the field conducting inspections. Must be physically fit and capable or climbing ladders or jobsite scaffolding and traversing a large site with somewhat challenging terrain. Must be capable of lifting 20 kilos and comfortable working at heights or ditches.
• Candidate should be capable of reading, understanding and interpreting design specifications, contract drawings, shop drawings and building codes.
• Familiarity with US Building Codes would be considered an advantage. (US Plumbing Code, NFPA IBC, SMACNA, NFPA)
• Familiarity with multiple Mechanical System or Capable of Learning and Understanding: Plumbing (Sanitary, Storm Domestic Water), Chilled Water Systems, Fire Protection Systems, Fuel Storage and Delivery Systems, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems (AHU, Sheet Metal Ductwork, FCU’s, Split Systems, Water and Air Cooled Chillers, Hydronic Distribution Systems, Refrigeration) etc. Insulation systems for ductwork and piping systems. Hangers and Support and Seismic Bracing, Isolation and Anchorage Systems. Work includes, site and building distribution systems, landscaping irrigation, water and sewer treatment facilities. Excellent Opportunity to an individual wishing to learn and become familiar with multiple systems using the most advanced building technologies.
• Familiarity with Preparatory, Initial, Follow-Up and Final Inspections is advantageous.
• Candidate shall be comfortable in reviewing electronic drawings pdf format or AutoCAD. Revit knowledge is a plus.
• Candidate shall be experience in standard business programs such as Microsoft Office Suites (Excel & Word), Adobe, Bluebeam. Candidate shall be organized and maintain accurate inspection records and files.
• Candidate shall be responsive and prepare reports of inspections on a daily basis.
• Candidate shall have excellent communication skills capable of communicating with Management and field construction staff.
• English Speaking
• Hindu / Urdu or similar is not required but would be considered advantageous.
• Candidate shall have a positive outlook toward safety and work within US Safety Standards.
• Candidate shall be willing to have a security background investigation conducted. The investigation is intrusive and candidate should be prepared to respond to all inquiries. Candidates with criminal records, having financial stress, personal or family ties to Countries or Organizations that wish harm to the United States will not be eligible.
Candidate shall be willing to work up to a 60 hour work-week.
• High School with minimum 10 Years-Experience in the field or
• Mechanical Engineering Degree with minimum of 3 Years-Experience
- Job Location
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.