– Keep, monitor and follow up as necessary and maintain complete record(s) concerning the execution of the works.
– Inspection, sampling and testing of materials to assure that compliance with the contract specification.
– Identify non conforming work or materials, notify contractor and keep a record. Follow up corrective and preventive measure taken by the Contractor. Raise non-conformance reports (NCRs); identify quality deficiencies in conjunction with the RE
– Assist in the review and forward comments on the contractor’s method statement for execution of the works.
– Assist in the review and forward any comments on the contractor’s technical submittals.
– Attend site technical coordination meetings to discuss contractor (s) submissions, shop drawings, material submittals and construction related matters
– Assist in the review and forward comments on the Technical Query raised by the contractor.
– Inspect the work done by the contractor(s) to ascertain that work is executed in accordance with the Contract Documents and accepted practise
– Inspect the on-site and off-site materials to be used in the project and organise field and laboratory tests, conducted by others, on construction materials to ascertain their compliance with the specifications and determine it acceptability for use on the project.
– Identify potential safety concerns and inform the contractor (s).
– Review the site progress and assist in the review of the contractor’s interim payment application.
– Liaise with the RE for the effective implementation of the quality management systems and site supervision provision activities.
– Implement the site supervision quality procedures, and review submission requirements of the project, along with the contractor.
– Review all construction documents and highlight any design and contractual discrepancies with the concerned RE.
– Ensure that all statutory authority NOC’s / permits / design approvals are available on site for construction.
– Extend the maximum possible effort to avoid contractor(s) claims for cost and/or delay.
– Conduct regular (daily) site visits and supervise, verify the installation of Mechanical works ensuring compliance with the contract documents..
– Any potential safety concerns identified at site shall be reported to site RE.
– Verify the accuracy of the contractor’s “As-Built” drawings reflecting in details the as-built conditions and approve the As-Built drawings.
– Assist in the review and approve the contractor’s operations & maintenance manuals.
– Liaise with the Statutory Authorities and follow up all final inspection and approvals as required.
– Carry out the final inspection for certification of final completion and handing over of the works.
* Functional Relationships
– Site Operation Manager (SOM)
– Project Manager (PM)
– Resident Engineer (RE)
– Site Supervision Team
– All Discipline staff
* Technical Competencies
– Minimum Mechanical Engineering/Diploma qualified
– Minimum of 10 years experience in mechanical building services engineering
– Previous site inspection experience
– Understanding of British, American and International design standards. Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety standards would be a distinct benefit.
– Good communication skills in written and spoken English essential.
* Behavioural Competencies
– Must have integrity, be flexible and proactive
– Must demonstrate ability to act independently and as part of a team
– Good team player, able to communicate effectively with colleagues and external parties such as Client and Contractors.
* Project Interface
– Assist RE/ARE in the supervision of the works to ensure compliance with the contract documents.
– Assist/support the site team and the respective RE/ARE with the implementation of Quality / HSE management systems.
– Assist in the site team in the external and internal audits to ensure the effective implementation of quality management systems and work with the site team for resolution of non-conformance issues.
– Liaise with the project supervision and design team, coordinate and resolve any issues of concern.
– Analyse current methods of site supervision and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
– Implementation of all quality audits, surveillance audits and work with site team for resolution of non-conformance issues.
– Assist the site team in the satisfactory close out of the project including snagging / de snagging of the works and related documentation.
– Review and assist the project team to compile all documents at handing-over for submission to the Client.
– Assist the RE in compilation of all documents for the issuance of the Taking-Over Certificate.
– Review the Contractor’s Inspection Test plan and review all QA/QC documentation.
– Inspect the works carried out by the contractor(s) and ensure the quality of the works meets the project requirements.
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to:
focus on quality
seek world class design and excellence
strive to add value
be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).