• The Material Engineer may conduct or supervise tests on raw materials or finished products in order to ensure their quality.
• Plan and implement laboratory operations for the purpose of developing material and fabrication procedures that meet cost, product specification, and performance standards.
• Review and make recommendations for material selection based on design objectives.
• Solve problems in a number of engineering fields.
• Completing, checking, and processing tests and reports.
• Making geotechnical and QC recommendations.
• Ensuring that field laboratory is responsible for the technical requirement.
• Assisting in preparing inspection, embankments, concrete, and pavement.
• Ensuring that off-site testing and certifications are valid.
• Checking and reporting on compliance with specifications requirements for compaction, gradation, mix proportions, strength, etc., in construction of embankments, structure, pavements, and incidental item.
• Establishing laboratory and field testing procedures.
• Analyzing foundation conditions.
• Developing and implementing schedule for test frequency, test coverage on all contracts and supervising and directing.
• Field survey parties to comply with requests surveys.
• Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university with minimum 10 years of relevant experience and qualification in Materials and Control in major roads infrastructure projects.
• Must possess the ability to read and enforce working drawings and related specifications.
• Computer literacy and excellent communication skills are a must.
• MME/UPDA or MMUP certification/registration is required
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.