This role will be responsible for monitoring and controlling the A&P (advertising and promotion) spends executed by each Division Agency to ensure that A&P budgets are spent in the correct manner without going overboard on the budgets. This role should ensure through random audits on the correctness of the spent being done in the trade. This is an independent role that is critical to the smooth functioning and effectiveness of the operation which would impact the overall marketing spend execution agreed with the Agencies. The audit function pertains to the principal guidelines, i.e., product display, shelving, and spacing per approved spend and the planogram.
• Collect category wise A&P Budget details for each agency with monthly calendarization before the start of each year from the trade Marketing Executives
• Consolidate month wise A&P Budget at each division level for BAT, CA and MARS before the start of each year
• Update the budget data on a daily basis based on the changes on the budget availability
• Maintain supporting documents and approvals for all budget recorded as available
• Track the A&P spend approvals against each budget item with details like agency, month, designated outlet, customer, period of spend etc.
• Maintain systematic record of supporting documents for each and every A&P spend approved
• Collect details of A&P spend against each item of A&P approved and verify the A&P spends are within the approved amount
• Seek explanation for the variation in the actual spend with the TME and Sales Manager
• Report the variance to the DM, FM and GM on a monthly basis
• Approves spend against each approve annual / quarterly / monthly budget
• Ensure no over spent and proper documentations are provided for each spent.
• Conduct frequent market visit on a sample basis to ensure the A&P spend are executed as per the approvals
• Report the variations on the execution to DM, FM and GM
• Expiry items to be identified if they can be charged back to principal or ABA expense in alignment with Supply Chain (product samples)
• Submit Weekly / Monthly reports of these random audits to Finance / GM