• Our client has more than 92 years experience in Port Agency Service and cargo handling in Saudi Arabia. They are currently looking to recruited a Marine Supply Manager (Ship Chandelling) to be based in Yanbu.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• As a Marine Supply Manager you will be held responsible for ensuring the supply of goods and services to the organization are procured at the best possible price and are in line with the quality and standard required by the organization to do business.
• If managing a team, you will continually look at the performance of the team as a whole and identify any competency gaps that could be detrimental to the company.
• You will be responsible for the management of a significant budget and you will therefore be required to report directly to a Finance Director or Chief Finance Officer.
• You will also be involved in setting annual targets.
• Weekly or monthly reports will be required for the senior management team detailing the supply of goods and also clearly identifying budgetary target performance.
• As a Supply Manager you will be expected to improve on targets in a positive way and to manage your team effectively so that their individual performance contributes to the success of the business.
• It is the responsibility of the Marine Supply Manager to establish and maintain an efficient supply chain, which involves negotiating contracts and maintaining relationships with suppliers.
• You will be involved in contributing to discussions at a senior level regarding the strategic direction of the company. You will also be required to continually review the supply chain of the company in line with company strategy and budgetary requirements.
Qualifications & Experience:
• You will have previous experience within a shipping agency
• Minimum 15 years of experience in multinational company
• You must have Ship Chandelling experience
• You must be educated to degree level and hold relevant qualifications such as membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
• To fulfill the post of Marine Supply Manager you must have significant experience and be able to demonstrate at minimum of 10 years’ experience with the contracting/procurement business, ideally within a marine environment.
• Strong negotiating and people skills are very important and are key to successfully maintaining a supply chain within an organization.
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties.
We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more.
Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering