- Acts as the training and professional development focal point in the area of Supply Chain Management in the region. This includes responsibility for; 1) delivering training in the area of supply chain management, 2) coordination, design, implementation, and evaluation, of various training activities in the region.
• Serves as an active regional champion of the Logistics Learning Programme (LLP), and a member of the global ICRC training network in the area of SCM. This includes co-defining training priorities and ensuring that all relevant activities fit within the framework of the LLP Strategy as well as LCS Training Strategy.
• Making sure the relevant tools, solutions, best practices and recommendations from the HQ and other regions are shared and implemented.
• Conducts training and knowledge management needs and gaps assessments, as well as contributes to the definition of LLP Strategic objectives, which reflect actual needs in the field.
• Plans, coordinates, administrates and evaluates all aspects of preparation & needs-based training for new and existing staff of the Logistics Division in the region; face-to-face for the staff in the LSC, and remotely for the staff in other locations.
• Coordinate mentoring programs for the region and maintain relevant rosters.
• Follows, supports and when needed guide, staff professional development (primarily for resident staff) and contribute to the definition of their development plans, including the ones for iDevelop.
• Leads organization, planning, preparation (i.e. administrative, logistical, contents/materials) and evaluation, of tailor-made training events (i.e. seminars and workshops).
• Maintains an up-to-date training portfolio of available courses (in- and out- side of the region), and contribute to enhancing the global training catalogue for the LOG Division.
• Implementation, coordination and general support, of knowledge management activities. Promotes the concept of professional excellence and knowledge exchange in the region, and enforces the effective use of relevant institutional platforms and tools.
• Proactively and re actively seeks more effective and innovative learning and development as well as knowledge management solutions.
1. EXTERNAL RELATIONS
• Maintains a professional and constructive dialogue with SC external actors in the region in order to share best practices and organize relevant visit for trainees.
2. OFFICE ACTIVITIES
• Updates the training and trainees relevant databases.• Raises the End of Training report after each session.
• Ensures necessary administrative work in order to welcome the trainees in the best manner.
• Knows, applies and complies with all the Logistics
• Keeps the files up-to-date at all times.
• Ensure the stationary needs for the trainees.
• Treatment of information
• Registers and treats information accurately and confidentially• Compiles the LSC activity in order to propose and establish the relevant reports, statistics and graphs for the HLSC.
• May be able to learn from each experienced person and/or case, in order to compile and improve the training
3. SUPPORT TO THE LSC:
• Entertains a constructive dialogue with all units and GVA.
• Makes a proper follow-up on documentary requirements.
• Participates actively to the internal units’ development and coach new comers.
• Advises on new developments in Supply Chain procedures.• Supports LSC units activity on demand (HLSC).
4. GENERAL DUTIES:
• Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
• Applies the security rules at all times
• Respects and observes staff regulations as well as the code of conduct of the ICRC • The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
• Relevant university degree (i.e. Supply Chain Management/Logistics, MBA/MPA, adult learning/education)
• 6 years’ work experience in a similar field (Supply chain management, LnD, Training,)
•Interest in the supply chain management and training.
• Excellent coordination, planning and stakeholder management skills.
• Creative problem-solving and ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English (a diploma in English is a plus)
• Proven experience in knowledge management, considered an asset.
• Excellent computer skills; Advance command of MS Office is required, while of SharePoint 2013 will be a strong asset.
• Experience in Private sector, NGO and ICRC is considered as an asset.
• Analytical and methodical person
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Training and Development
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,500 – $2,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 6
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Min: 27