These jobs are found in WFP warehouses. Job holders report to the Warehouse Management Associate.
At this level, job holders typically work in large WFP warehouses with very busy and complex warehouse operations and are required to operate with a high degree of independence. They manage a number of warehouse support staff to achieve effective warehouse management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Associate, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Coordinate on a daily basis with the Service Providers, Suppliers, Cooperating Partners (CP) and WFP Field Offices (FO) Supply Chain on the dispatch/receipt of commodities to ensure accurate and timely recording, accounting, and reporting.
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Ensure timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments, and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (Daily Dispatch plan, monthly dispatch plan, stock inventory etc…) and ensure timely reporting to supervisor and all relevant parties.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Closely coordinate with programme colleagues at field office to ensure efficient preparations and delivery of in-kind activities.
- Provide guidance to other support staff by assisting them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A university degree in the related field (i.e., Business, Freight forwarding)
Experience: At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience with at least one (1) year experience in field logistics and dispatch coordination.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French language is an added advantage.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience using logistics coordination and monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, and food stock.
Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Job Location
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Logistics and Transportation
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies