Supports management with timely advice on various, complex, legal matters including compliance and regulatory.
• Drafts, reviews and manages contracts
• Coordinates and supervises the preparation and review of contracts
• Provides professional support and legal advice as required.
• Proactive legal assistance and advice on various legal issues, including but limited to corporate, commercial contracts, dispute resolution, litigation, regulatory, employment, and governance.
• Assists with legal matters related to construction law, real estate and retail
• Assists the business in compliance with all various legal requirements.
• Advises on minimal liability and legal exposure for the business.
• Ensures that the legal documents and other contractual documents are effectively drafted, reviewed, interpreted, and vetted.
• Takes decisive actions on various legal matters and assess’ contentious and uncontroversial issues.
• Manages and coordinates with external and internal legal resources, where required.
• Advises effectively to minimize and mitigate risks to company.
• Represents the company in ensuring the efficient handling and best outcome of all negotiations and disputes.
• Advises and ensures the business in compliance with the necessities of legislation involving data protection.
• Supervises, researches and analyzes implication of case law, legislation, and regulatory matters that affect the company
• Deals with complex legal matters with multiple stakeholders
• Management, Department, Business Units
• Government agencies
• External Law Firms
• Minimum of 8 years relevant and hands-on work experience in the legal field
• Experience in Construction, Retail and Real Estate is an advantage
• Problem solving skills
• Negotiations skills
• Effective communications skills
• Strong command of English, Arabic an advantage.
• Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs
• Ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures
• Time management skills
• An understanding of relevant Qatari legislation.
• Degree in Law or Law related courses
• Master degree in Law, is an advantage
• Maintains standards of conduct and current knowledge
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Sound judgement and work ethics
• Consistency, fairness and integrity
• Trustworthy with confidential and sensitive company information.
• Strong written and oral communication and analytical skills.
• Ability to grasp complex areas of law rapidly and accurately.
• Sound practical judgment.
• Ability to work as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Real Estate; Retail/Wholesale
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 8
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma