In this role you’ll handle the learning and professional development of our organisations workforce.
It is your job to equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks. You’ll either deliver the training yourself or arrange for a third party trainer to do it.
Training and development officers help with the ongoing, long-term improvement of employees’ skills, enabling them to fulfil their potential within their organisation. Increasingly, training and development officers are required to be strategic rather than reactive, assessing the skills and knowledge within an organisation and determining what training is needed to grow and retain these skills.
- identify training and development needs within an organisation through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and human resources departments
- design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and the individual
- work in a team to produce programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in an organisation, such as line managers, accountants and senior managers at board level
- consider the costs of planned programmes and keep within budgets as assessing the return on investment of any training or development programme is becoming increasingly important
- develop effective induction programmes
- conduct appraisals
- devise individual learning plans
- produce training materials for in-house courses
- manage the delivery of training and development programmes and, in a more senior role, devise a training strategy for the organisation
- monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers
- ensure that statutory training requirements are met
- evaluate training and development programmes
- amend and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment
- help line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups
- keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
- have an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages
- research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present this research.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Training and Development
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma