Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
The BHGE Field Engineer Program is a graduate, entry-level competency-based development opportunity that involves on-job, classroom and on-line learning. The program is designed to enable you to develop the skills and knowledge specific to the individual BHGE Product Line (PL) to which you are assigned.
You will be directly involved in the delivery of services to help clients locate, evaluate and produce oil and gas ever more efficiently including improving environmental standards.
As a Field Engineer you are the key interface between BHGE and the client at the job site. Your job will be demanding both mentally and physically. You will often work in harsh conditions. You will be required to meet customer requirements and expectations through flawless execution. The start and completion times of jobs will dictate the length of your working day, it’s not the clock. Therefore, a desire to demonstrate that you have “Earned the Right” to be a Field Engineer is an essential attribute you will need to have.
Your rate of progress will be driven by your personal effort and your ability to demonstrate your capability against the standards defined in the Competency-Development Program (CDP). Your progression will be determined by your individual performance, including the demonstration of your unfailing commitment to deliver your accountabilities.
Your manager will help you gain the necessary skills and knowledge. Your manager will also lead the assessment process to evaluate your skills and knowledge.
You will benefit from working with an assigned mentor to ensure that you have a comprehensive, holistic learning experience. Your mentor will support and direct you so that in time, you are ready to support other less experienced employees.
Your training will be based on on-job learning, self-study assignment and unparalleled technical training courses underpinned by the development of business acumen and leadership capability. You will be developing the foundation of your career by gaining BHGE qualifications which are the building blocks in the CDP.
During the program you will be developing basic oilfield knowledge working under the supervision of an experienced Field Engineer. Your ambition must be to demonstrate your capability to work independently and confidently with a progressively broadening scope of knowledge, skills and customer-facing accountabilities, and in time to be able to support less qualified Field Engineers.
– Rigorously apply Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards in all situations using BHGE systems and procedures in service of maintaining and further developing the safety culture
– Working as a crew member deploying BHGE tools and services, including direct liaison with customers’ representatives and BHGE shore-based Operations Managers
– Participating in finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-on work
– Preparing tools and equipment prior to outbound shipment to the well site
– Receiving inbound equipment and correctly documenting inventory
– Providing direct support for tenders including data analysis and cost estimates
– Supporting invoicing activities to ensure that revenue is secured in the required timeframes
– Actively engaging in job shadowing opportunities with Sales Managers, Operations Managers and Engineering Managers to understand their activities as the basis of developing business acumen and a holistic understanding of BHGE activities
– Completing all training assignments to the required standards
In addition to fluency in English (assessment of your English proficiency may be part of the selection process) and the legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction, you will need:
– A minimum grade point average of 2.75 or equivalent.
– Be enrolled in a degree program in an Engineering, Applied Science or other technical program.
– Evidence of acting in a leadership role in paid or unpaid work
– Experience of participating in outdoor activities
– Evidence of meeting others’ expectations even when the situation was difficult
– A preference for working in a group rather than working alone
– Saudi Arabia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.