On behalf of a Real estate company, we are seeking a Senior Accountant for their Khobar operations. Reporting to the Chief Accountant you will be responsible for all accounting transactions and activities in full alliance with the set policies and procedures and ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Provide full accounting services, including the preparation of estimates, budgetary control and final accounts for a cost center.
- Prepare monthly trading accounts for cost center activities to ensure that financial targets are met and to assess the need for any remedial action.
- Develop and maintain all other necessary controls and processes to ensure that legal and financial requirements and regulations are complied with.
- Monitor the financial information system to ensure that timely and accurate information is provided for managerial decision making.
- Prepare statistical returns and financial analysis on a range of topics for internal and external use.
- Oversee the administration of any loans and repayments, including maintaining liaison with brokers and lenders.
- Prepare and monitor cash flow projections and associated records to determine the optimum use of funds or the need to raise additional revenue.
- Correct and timely data capturing and collection to support correct system entries.
- Align all accounting activities to the set procedures and full adherence by the accounting control policies.
- Manage accounting activities, general ledger, recording of financial transactions, yearly audit preparation, and also managing salary preparation & distribution.
- Define and control accounting material related to internal and external specifications.
- Supervise the accounting system and maintaining required trackers.
- Maintain Adequate Historical archive and document control.
- Analyze and assessing Accounting systems outputs and final figures.
- Propose new enhancements and improvements to the current work processes and procedures to assure better sustainability and control.
- Participate in fraud prevention and loss control.
- Comply with financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Lead the analysis of current and historical financial operations and estimating future expenditures for budget preparations.
- Monitor the receipt of fixed assets and the issuance of acceptance certificates after conducting proper inspections, additions, sales. Transfer & write off, depreciation calculation.
- Perform accounting activities AR, AP, Payroll entries, GL matching…etc. including preparing invoices, processing transaction entries and generating reports while ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Verify all the transaction processing activities of General Ledger and the closing process including preparation of reporting schedules, ensuring compliance to accounting policies, verification of all financial entries, coordination between the different accounting sections to ensure that the required accounting entries are made to ensure transaction validation and completeness of accounts.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Monitor account balances for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, related revenues are generated and expenses are within budget limits.
- Liaises with the Sales Team for recovery of dues, tracks and reconciles bills receivables upon receipt.
- Processes chargebacks, returns, and bad cheques, and prepares an age receivable report monthly to write off bad debt (Gaining the required approvals).
- Participate in the preparation of periodical financial statements.
- Prepares and maintains journals, ledgers, closings, and other periodic reports in accordance with the Company chart of accounts.
- Prepare year-end work papers for the Internal Auditor.
- Perform monthly payment requests, applying for payments, and assisting suppliers.
- Enter data in the financial data processing system.
- Review and verify data entry for accuracy.
- Audit invoices against purchase orders, research discrepancies and prepare an invoice for approval codes invoices.
- Receive the invoice and receiving/acceptance report and verify the completeness of documents and approvals.
- Match the vendor invoice with the purchase order/ contract, receiving/ acceptance report, and other supporting documents.
- Coordinates all month-end Accounts Payable accounting functions including preparing monthly schedules.
- Prepare monthly Accounts Payable monthly closing reports.
- Inter-Company JV processing, reviewing, charging by monitoring, distribution & processing JV.
- Assure Fraud Control and loss prevention aspects are being followed and worked by.
- Handle any tasks assigned by Manager and supervise accounts staff
|Job Location:||Khobar, Saudi Arabia|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Real Estate|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|