We believe that work is not just an office you report to every morning. It is rather the right place for discoveries as well as innovations and a venue for development of professional skills. Employees in Panda always work to reach new heights in performance through enthusiasm, punctuality and adaptability. If you believe you can be the one with this skillset, join us today to start your first step towards a quite successful career path.
Responsible for the overall success of food safety and quality compliance in the region (Retail stores, Central Bakeries, DC’s, Meat Receiving & Vendors facilities) by executing quality assurance management programs to attain customer satisfaction (by ensuring delivery of safe and high quality food) and complying with regulatory authorities’ instructions & company vision.
Plan & Manage the regional Quality Assurance Audit Programs for Retail Stores.
How: By developing and managing different initiatives as:
1. Risk Based Audits: Categorizing the stores standards into 4 different classes (A, B, C, F – Failed) based on past performance and schedule the number of the audits based on each category in order to manage the risk.
2. Stores Improvement Plan: Working with Cross Functional Teams – Developing extensive audit plan for the stores that achieves less than 75 % to elevate their standards from a Higher to Lower risk zone.
3. Manage & Execute Flash Visits:- High frequency visits & condensed audits scheme to ensure that stores are ready for different seasons across the year (Ramadan, Strong Baladia Initiatives & Campaigns).
4. Temperature surveys: Conducting inspection for all refrigeration in the stores and preparing a full report by the chillers & freezers performance to be submitted to the Maintenance team to detect any violation from the standard temperature of the products to ensure the safety of the products & the consumer as well.
5. Ensure that all the stores in the region are complying to the Company Food Safety Policies & Procedures, Regulatory Authorities Instructions (Baladia, SFDA, SASO, MOC, Environmental Health Department, Slaughter Houses Department, International Standards).
6. Ensuring Compliance to SFDA regulations for Calories, Nutritional Information & New Labeling Requirements.
Managing QC team in DC’s.
1. Manage & Authorize the daily rejections based on company polices and business needs in collaboration with commercial team to ensure the best Quality items are received and shipped to stores.
2. Monitor creation of rejection reports (daily, weekly and monthly), analyze the reports & recommend the CAPA for the commercial team.
3. Ensure correct system in place (receiving practices, correct sampling techniques…).
4. QC Staff management (staff selection, continuous training)
Manage Food Safety Complaints and Food Alerts & Recalls.
1. Substantiate the validity of the complaints after receiving it from concerned parties (QA Auditors, Stores, Customer Care Center and Governmental Relations Dep) to ensure taking the appropriate action.
2. Direct the auditors to take the action based on the type of the complaint (send alerts, investigation, visit the store…) and get their feedback.
3. Communicate the feedback to the concerned parties (Operations, Commercial, DC, SOL, Maintenance, Pest Control Company…) with recommended corrections to ensure closure by proper corrective actions.
4. Manage & follow up the execution of the Regulatory authorities recalls.
Approve all New Packaging Materials & Equipment with Corporate Purchase Department.
1. Approve the specifications of all consumable materials using MSDS (Materials Safety Data Sheets), Comparing it with the regulatory authority’s requirements to ensure the safety of the materials & its compliance with food grade specs and Test the materials efficiency to ensure that materials are fit for the purpose of use.
2. Evaluate & authorize the new equipment being put into stores by the New Store Opening Team.
Manage Maintenance for Food Safety Program.
1. Manage and Plan at regional level the inspection visits for existing stores in order to detect the maintenance non-conformities and recommend the required CAPA (Corrective Action-Preventive Actions).
2. Manage and Plan at regional level the inspection visits to New Stores in order to validate the construction & design compliance to food safety & Regulatory authority criteria and recommend the required CAPA (Corrective Action-Preventive Actions).
Manage the Company Microbiological Food Testing Plan.
1. Plan, Authorize and Oversee the targeted samples identification process (Microbiological, Physical and Chemical) based on the risk associated with the food.
2. Plan the required logistics for samples collection (identify the targeted stores for samples collection and samples pick up by the lab).
3. Validate & analyze the tests results then communicate to the concerned departments (Operation, Commercial…) with recommended CAPA.
4. Based on Scientific Test Results – Decide & Authorize the shelf life for new items (Commercial & In-House)
Manage Food Safety and Quality Training.
1. Plan and set up the regional training needs based on: QA Audits Analysis – Operation Management Requests – New Policies & Standards – Company Initiatives & Projects – New Employees.
2. Design, create and develop training materials presentations.
3. Conduct & Roll out the training sessions (by QARMs & QA Auditors).
4. Measure the training efficiency during stores visits and through operations feedback.
Develop Fresh Food items Specifications
1. Design, create and develop the Fresh Food items standards based on the company quality requirements & customer expectations.
2. Agree & approve the specifications with Commercial & Supply Chain Heads.
3. Rollout the approved specifications with the concerned departments (Commercial, DC, Operations and QA).
Plan Strategic Vendors Improvement Programs with (300+) 3rd party Fresh suppliers.
1. Develop & create the vendors pre-qualifications standards based on Panda & Regulatory Authorities requirements.
2. Manage (Develop & Plan) the QA Vendors auditing schedule.
3. Conducting Quality Assurance audits for all Fresh Food suppliers.
4. Manage (Review & Approve) QA Audit reports to decide the vendor status (Passed, Conditionally Passed or Failed).
5. Communicate the result to the Commercial team with recommended actions.
Manage & maintain effective documentation processes
1. Creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) related to daily operation (Receiving, Storage, Personal Hygiene, etc.) to standardize work process, ensure product quality and developing strategic improvement plan to comply with regulatory and company needs.
2. Developing analysis reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) and engagement of concerned operation management in quality assurance related matters to make sure that service recovery is being noticed and actioned.
3. Create, Develop and maintain the department Dashboard (Monthly Scores, Food testing results records, customer complaints records, food alerts records, DC rejections records…).
Manage the Regional Quality Assurance Audit Programs for DC.
1. Create & develop DC food safety & quality standards based on Panda & Regulatory authorities’ requirements.
2. Plan & monitor the DC QA audits on monthly basis.
3. Review and validate the audit reports from a technical perspective to ensure accuracy of reporting.
4. Manage implementing CAPA Process (Corrective Action-Preventive Actions) to ensure that all raised violations were corrected.
Manage (Develop & Maintain) efficient system in the department.
1. Training of the new auditor as per the company polices & procedures.
2. Define & agree the regional KPI’s with the Regional QA Auditors.
3. Develop & Monitor action plans to achieve the departmental & company KPI’s.
4. Review and approve the monthly stores audits plans.
5. Proactive leadership by continuous training, guiding and follow up with the regional auditors to assure their self-development, accuracy and effectiveness.
|Job Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|