Our Client is a newly forming development company based in Saudi Arabia, which will be a major component of one of the Mega Projects within the Kingdom.
They are looking for a CEO who will be Executive Management level reporting into the Executive Board of Directors.
As CEO you will be responsible and accountable for the start-up, overall operation and management of this development company. You will be tasked with setting the company’s overall strategic direction and priorities, and monitoring the performance of the company, as well as the performance of each project.
The CEO will guide, direct and lead the Executive Management Team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide the required linkage between the Board of Directors and the Executive Management Team, and provide them with adequate information to carry out their responsibilities.
• Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to the Executive Management Team to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies.
• Assist the Board of Directors in setting strategic goals, objectives, budgets, policies, and procedures to enhance its market share, profitability and return on investment.
• Conduct a strategic review of performance on a regular basis to determine whether the company is meeting its short-and long-term objectives (increase in profits, increase in market share, return on investment, etc).
• Develop, in coordination with the Executive Management Team, an integrated business plan that optimizes market share and profitability of existing or new activities.
• Set departments’ high-level goals, objectives and plans and work with them on attaining such goals by closely monitoring their operations.
• Review the operating results of the company & compare them to established objectives and goals, and follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
• Establish and maintain an effective system of communications throughout the company to ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities of all executives are clearly defined and understood.
• Periodically review and check the performance of the Executive Management Team and recommend remedial action and improvements.
• Promote the company’s direction and momentum, its business performance, the positive external impact (image), internal business climate, people and services.
• Act as the principal public relations officer of the company and represent them with major customers, government entities, the financial community, and the public.
• Ensure development of an effective organizational structure and the promotion of a positive internal climate in which management development for succession is nurtured.
• Delegate some responsibilities to appropriate executives in order to ensure smooth running of the company.
• Conduct annual performance appraisal for all executives and recommend salary adjustments, rewards and promotions.
• Monitor the adherence of employees to guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Recruit, develop, manage and motivate executives and employees reporting to him/her.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration (MBA is preferred) or equivalent experience with a minimum of 20 years of related experience.
• Extensive executive-level management experience (10+ years).
• Extensive Real Estate Industry experience (5+ years).
• Either Luxury Residential experience (Villa’s / Mansions), or Desert and / or Mountain based development experience is required
• Strong visionary with proven leadership qualities and an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Political awareness, professional expertise, financial orientation, self-starting initiative, cross cultural awareness, organization astuteness and team spirit.
• Ability to select, develop and motivate necessary management talent to maintain the company’s overall objectives.
• Strong interpersonal skills such as leadership, communication, persuasion, motivation, loyalty, and openness.
• Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
What’s on Offer
• Great career prospects as the growth opportunity in the company is tremendous
• The chance to really impact into the commercial decisions of a once in a lifetime Mega Project from the on-set
• Excellent remuneration package based on experience
Established in 1997 in Hong Kong, ConnectedGroup is a regional executive recruitment and search consultancy with broad coverage across a full range of functional and industry specialisms, each serviced by dedicated teams. Our strategy is to continue to develop our offering as a ‘big boutique’ where we combine high levels of engagement and accountability with a comprehensive scope of delivery capability.
Our core services include; Retained Executive Search, Exclusive Contingent Search and Contingent Recruitment services for mid to senior permanent positions as well as Contract Staff and Interim Management services. We also engage with clients to deliver specialised and tailored projects such as volume recruitment and market mapping exercises.
Our mission is “to be remembered for exceeding expectations” which drives us to deliver outstanding levels of service and exceptional outcomes for clients and candidates, as well as meaningful careers for our team. We recruit and measure our employees against the values of being Candid, Creative and Connected which drives our open and transparent culture whilst encouraging new ideas and focuses us on internal communications that leverage greater benefits for our clients. At ConnectedGroup words such as ‘respect’, ‘integrity’ and ‘professionalism’ are not aspirational, they are prerequisite behaviours and are expected in all aspects of our work.