Recruiting on behalf of our a client, a leading Telco operator in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The role would be part of a wider team responsible for translating corporate strategy and the business / commercial strategies into technology strategy. The main responsibility of the Applications Expert role is to define technology and technical requirements for the Application domain strategy, align with sectors on objectives, goals, opportunities and requirements, consult the department with insights from a domain-specific perspective and support in designing projects and investments required to accommodate for business needs.
• Lead the development of the domain-specific technology strategy within Applications.
• Develop initiatives and plans for implementation of the applications domain strategies.
• Ensure domain strategies conform to corporate level strategy and overarching technology strategy.
• Lead Applications strategy team.
• Manage competitive intelligence gathering process.
• Consider technology strategy requirements as well as objectives and consult technology strategy development with applications-specific requirements and objectives.
• Conduct research and analysis on external factors influencing applications strategies.
• Conduct research and analysis of internal factors (resources & capabilities) influencing applications domain strategies.
• Lead the technology innovation process within applications and align with sectors on emerging technologies, trends and key innovation topics.
• Lead the mapping and monitoring of technologies underlying business capabilities, as well as emerging new uses and standards.
• Provide insights on standard methodologies and common obstacles on IT Strategy, Application Cloud Strategy, Current and Future State Capabilities and Applications Assessment, IT Financial Management based on prior experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology.
• Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Technology (preferred).
• Knowledge in application architecture including As-Is and To-Be architectures as well as gap analyses.
• Knowledge in application assessment in terms of functional and technical fit to the business.
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture and ITIL frameworks, processes and procedures.
• Experience in telecommunications sector and technologies.
• Experience with developing strategic plans.
• Expert knowledge in the strategy development and business planning processes.
• Expert knowledge of telecommunications product & services portfolio.
• Expert written and verbal communication skills.
A leading technology management consultancy in the UAE.