At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is looking for experienced Sales Specialist with Strong Technical Background to join the IBM Hybrid Cloud Integration Sales team in a Sales role to help drive revenue for app modernization, integration modernization and multi cloud management solutions portfolio. This will enable clients to modernize their application and enterprise infrastructure environments.
– The Sales Specialist will work with the client and IBM team to develop a vision for their cloud strategy, leveraging IBM’s 14 in 4 Journey to Cloud.
– Become a trusted advisor and evangelist for IBM and Red Hat cloud technologies across many segments within the client – CxO, Line of Business, Developer and traditional IT.
– Use innovative ways to identify and progress opportunities to demonstrate client value – i.e. Design Thinking, meetups, white boarding, prototyping, hands-on demos.
– Translate client business requirements into solution requirements, solution architecture and solution design.
– Integrate the IBM Cloud Middleware Platform Solutions (Cloud Paks) with the customers’ existing and future IBM and Red Hat software investments to provide competitive differentiation.
– Demonstrate the ability to interpret industry, market and technology trends as a foundation for our offering and technology roadmaps.
– Communicate value, progress and status of sales opportunities to all stakeholders.
– Possess experience in consultative selling, effective presentation skills and negotiation techniques are key to success in the role.
We value problem solving skills and an attitude towards learning, great communication and accountability. Qualified candidate will be working in a presales team to promote and sell IBM’s Application Modernization portfolio software to clients across industries.
Client Technical Specialists are technical consultants to clients, IBM sales teams and IBM Business Partners. They understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. They provide technical sales support which may include: collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions; deliver Proof of Concept; develop and deliver technical education; support critical situations; design solutions; and answer technical questions.
Within their area of specialty in Application Modernization, key activities for the Technical Specialist in this role will include:
– Provide leadership and subject matter expertise to customers in KSA on App.Modernization opportunities.
– Successfully conducts Proofs-of-Concepts, Proofs-of-Technology, Demos, Design/Discovery Workshops, etc. that drive unit revenues.
Technical Sales Accelerators:
– Develop and deliver product presentations, complex demonstrations, discovery workshops, deep-dive discussions and whiteboard sessions that demonstrate the business value and technical strength of IBM’s Application Modernization portfolio software.
– Support existing clients to see the value of the portfolio software they acquired.
– This includes providing guidance and best practices to the implementation team, in addition to working with IBM support team and product team to accelerate the resolution of support tickets/PMR’s.
Business Partner Engagement:
– Develop innovative enablement Programs for the BP community that highlights important new product features, capabilities, and deployment patterns.
– Support BP in a way to make them independent from a sales stand point
– Collaborate with the wider IBM team in Middle East Africa and WW for enablement and customer engagements
Additional responsibilities include:
– Apply product and industry-specific knowledge to understand business problems and bring relevant recommendations to the client.
– Collaborating with IBM Hybrid Cloud Integration sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions.
– Support customer-facing and prospect education activities, such as trade events, user conferences, delivering Proofs of Concept, and delivering product demonstrations.
– Removing inhibitors to the sale through discovery, assessments, whiteboard/chalk talks, presentations, and demonstrations.
– Taking initiatives to own accounts and issues and driving team members toward common goal of winning business.
– Assist with software deployments and resolution of post-sales issues.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
– A bachelor degree in IT, computer science, computer engineering, or similar field.
– Provide exhibited product knowledge from both functional and technical standpoints of IBM Application Modernization portfolio.
– Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to work with APPConnect, DataPower, MQ, APIConnect, Redhat OpenShift, and different DevOps tools.
– Exhibit presentation and communication skills
– Possess understanding of the network & application monitoring, multi-cloud management technologies and market, including key competitive offerings.
– Ability to support training and consulting in post-sales tool and processing deployment situations.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
– Minimum 10 years’ experience in a technical job role.
– Minimum 5 years integration specialist skills including expertise in applying tools and methods
– Fluent in Arabic & English.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region’s technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company’s history and, today, IBM is much more than a “hardware, software, services” company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.