Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Senior Landscape Architect plans, creates and manages Landscape Architectural design that is well considered, safe, functional, technically accurate and as creative as possible with respect to client’s briefs, without compromising on the laws and regulations of that given area where the construction will be undertaken.
- Demonstrates advanced technical knowledge in Landscape Architectural discipline and broad knowledge of other design disciplines (Urban Planning / Architectural / Engineering). Capable of independent evaluation, selection, application, adaptation and modification of standard Landscape Architectural techniques, procedures, and criteria to achieve high level of design output.
- Develops design solutions, high quality presentation drawings, and technical packages from concept design, through design development, final design to tender and contract documentation. Attends site to assist with supervision of installation of the contract works.
- Performs the full range of professional Landscape Architectural activities with a high degree of technical judgment, imagination and resourcefulness.
- Reports status of assigned projects and all circumstances that could effect projects or clients to senior management.
- Develops well resolved, innovative, and creative conceptual design of the Landscape Architectural elements of an assigned project.
- Plans, coordinates and undertakes the presentation of conceptual design.
- Plans, schedules, conduct, undertake and coordinate detailed phases of the Landscape Architectural elements of an assigned project.
- This includes but not limited to the preparation of original designs, layouts, details, drawings and specifications.
- Coordinates Landscape Architectural efforts in assigned areas with specialty groups, engineering disciplines, the client, vendors, contractors, construction and other divisional groups.
- Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines, stakeholders and the client or client’s representative.
- Maintains regular contact with all assigned project clients, strives to develop best possible working relationship and client satisfaction.
- Analyzes and reports on the suitability of materials, techniques and/or difficult coordination requirements. Demonstrates knowledge of the application of Landscape Architecture / Engineering to ensure constructability and economic rationalism is applied to construction methods and materials.
- Makes site inspections to assigned projects independently, assists with material approvals and construction approvals to ensure highest level of finish is achieved.
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training of assigned personnel, CAD technicians and 3D animators and provides input for their performance evaluation.
- Keep abreast of industry specific technological, environmental and social developments.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||General Engineering Consultancy|