Ready to put your design skills to work on marquee infrastructure projects that will change the fabric of our community? Would you enjoy working closely with other BIM team members and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design? Parsons is now hiring a BIM Coordinator for our rapidly expanding portfolio of projects. Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your design knowledge and technical skills will propel your career forward.
The key responsibility for the BIM Coordinator role is to support the BIM Manager and our Project Delivery Teams to execute the day to day development, establishment and implementation of BIM in Parsons Main office in Doha. The BIM Coordinator is required to possess strong computer CAD/BIM and technical skills to produce 3D/2D dimensional models required for model and drawing production, quality checking and control, coordination and constructability analysis.
- Support the BIM Manager and Project Delivery Team(s) in day to day BIM implementation activities
- Provide progress and performance updates to BIM Manager on fortnightly and monthly basis
- Record, store and maintain all formal correspondences related to BIM activities
Support the deployment (hardware and software) and provide hands-on BIM software training for Project team members.
- Develop 3D/2D dimensional models required for drawing preparation, reporting and presentation.
- Prepare engineering drawings comprises of basic arrangements, layouts, profiles, sections etc.
- Develop and extract 2D geometry from the models for internal reviews and coordination meetings
- Ensure Project Information Models (PIM’s) are delivered in accordance with the agreed TIDP, MIDP and CDE protocol.
- Develop and maintain Quality Assurance and Control templates
- Measure and ensure the quality for all BIM package submissions in accordance with project standards and requirements
- Perform Quality Assurance and Control checks on models and maintain tracker (both hard and soft copies)
- Review, monitor and report on the development of clash interference and fully coordinated models
- Conduct clash detection and visual walkthroughs
- Prepare models and reports for constructability analysis
- Validate and export model geometry and data to schedules for internal design and commercial activities
- Perform Quality Assurance and Control checks and report deviations of installation with approved coordinated models
- Verify and validate testing and commissioning data in models
- Monitor, perform quality checks and report on the quality of as-built models
- Monitor and support the data collection process and validate Asset Information Models (AIM’s) with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) requirements e.g.
- Construction Operation Building Information Exchange (COBie) and/or Client Specific requirements.
- Monitor and validate the Asset Information Models tagging with all related project documents e.g. the H&S file(s) and O&M Manual(s) etc.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||General Engineering Consultancy|