As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
We currently have a need for a Civil Inspector to be part of the construction supervision team working on Atkins Projects in Muscat and surrounding areas in Oman.
– Supervision of infrastructure construction including earthworks, roads, wet and dry utilities.
– Monitoring the quality of work against the contract specification and drawings.
– Recording defects, and ensuring rectification is carried out in accordance with agreed procedures.
– Maintaining records of work carried out, and ensuring plant and other resources are recorded accurately.
– Inspect and supervise the Works
– Test and examine any materials or workmanship used in the works.
– Monitor the performance of the Contractor’s activities
– Ensure health and safety of Atkins site staff.
– Identify construction quality issues.
– Monitor health and safety activities of the Contractor
– Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
SNC Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
– Minimum 4 years relevant experience of working for consultants on major projects in hot and arid climates.
– B-Tech in Civil Engineering or equivalent, or able to demonstrate has suitable experience.
– Middle East experience.
– The candidate will be a member of a supervision team reporting to the Resident Engineer and will need to be a ‘team player’.
– Flexibility of approach will be required due to the nature of the work, to include flexibility over working hours and commitment to meeting deadlines.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
– A competitive salary
– Transportation allowance
– Medical and life insurance cover
– 22 calendar days annual leave
– Medical and life insurance cover
– Company gratuity scheme
– Discretionary bonus scheme
– Annual flight allowance to point of origin
Employee assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).