Primary Job Purpose:
The Manager- Purchase is responsible to lead the purchasing function by planning, researching, analysing and executing procurement activities & purchasing orders of services and equipment in a timely and coast effective way while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
Planning and Management
- Develop, implement and monitor all procurement / purchases processes, policies and procedures in conjunction with defined purchasing policies
- Provide feedback in planning the Bank’s annual purchasing budget based on understanding of the Bank’s business plan and strategic initiatives
- Maintain updated knowledge of rules, regulations and standards in the field and related matters of interest to the department.
- Maintain awareness of market practices and be updated with fluctuation in local markets affecting suppliers pricing or sourcing new suppliers for the immediate future.
- Survey the market to understand the available quality products and their prices.
- Hold regular Quarterly forecasting (at least quarterly) meetings with internal customers and work closely with other departments of the Bank to understand / forecast procurement in the short term, prepare draft RFPs and target vendors for negotiation
- Evaluate potential suppliers using developed and agreed criteria to support alignment and understanding of the expectations and requirements of engagement.
- Resolve all issues related to purchasing of materials and it’s pricing through alternate sourcing of materials
- Analyse trends and market condition for the present and future pricing, availability, lead time and capacity of goods and services and interact with various departments as seen fit to understand new products available in the market,
- Build and track specific performance against short, medium and long-term benefit, report and challenge vendors where necessary to stay on track
- Ensure that all requests for quotations, expenditure proposal, purchase orders and contacts are in accordance with the procurement / purchasing policies and terms and conditions of the Bank
- Monitor, report and maintain records on the performance of selected vendors to ensure delivery in line with contractual obligations and performance metrics
- Implement and enforce contractor, supplier and outsourcer guidelines, obligations and service level expectations and agreements for the Bank
- Ensure that all procurement records are stored centrally on an electronic database and all original documents are retained as per the record retention policy.Reporting
- Generate and escalate periodic and requested reports ensuring accuracy and timely delivery.
- Liaise with the finance and accounting department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplierExternal Representation
- Build and manage relationships with the banks’ products and services suppliers, ensuring that vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations.
- Responsible for vendor management, interview, identify and qualify potential vendors and suppliers to source more cost-effective sources of products, materials and services.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of sale and warranties of goods and products with key suppliers and vendors,
- Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Manage the interaction between vendors and internal program delivery leaders to provide adequate visibility of interdependent initiatives and programs.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Purchasing and Procurement|