The ICRC is a neutral, independent and impartial humanitarian organization that seeks to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. It is present in more than 80 countries. The ICRC’s regional delegation in Kuwait covers the GCC countries where it promotes international humanitarian law, raises awareness of humanitarian issues, and handles matters arising from armed conflicts in the region.
Purpose of the post
The Humanitarian Advisor to the Head of Delegation advises and supports the management in developing and maintaining the network of relevant interlocutors and plays a role in the management of relations and activities with specific actors, as listed below S/he provides analysis on the context and the relevant regional environment.The Successful candidate’s role is crucial in the effort of ICRC Kuwait to increase among relevant stakeholders the comprehension of, and acceptance for the mandate, role and concrete activities of assistance and protection of the ICRC in Kuwait and in the region, as an impartial and neutral organization working in armed conflict and situations of violence, on many occasions in partnership with the national Red Crescent and Red Cross societies.
▪ The candidate will be following specific files:
▪ Engagement with governmental actors;
▪ Regional organizations;
▪ On these files, ensures synergies and a good flow of information with other departments within the delegation, contributes to specific multidisciplinary work streams related to the perception and acceptance of the ICRC in Kuwait, and exchanges information, liaises and coordinates with other file holders in other delegations and at the HQ.
▪ Defines and enacts the ICRC fundraising strategy for the relevant region and countries, in line with the global ICRC fundraising strategy
▪ Consistently map and analyse relevant information in priority countries, identifying trends and positioning the ICRC to capture opportunities
▪ Act as a liaison between the ICRC and donors and ensures that the ICRC capitalises on the links between government, private and National Society Donors (virtuous circle)
▪ Conduct or facilitate fundraising visits to respective capitals, participate in donor events as the face of the ICRC, including social events
Required skills and experience
• 10-12 years’ professional experience in similar role
• 3 years’ experience in a management role
• Very good knowledge of institutional practices, policies and procedures
• Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Accomplished interpersonal, networking and organisational skills
• Fluent in English and Arabic, spoken and written;
Start of work: As soon as possible.
“The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates”.
Only complete files matching with the profile will be considered
.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CV’s received will be subject to the rules of the Data Protection of the ICRC (Data Controller)
- Job Location
- Hawali, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 10
- Residence Location