Management and boards of directors rely heavily on internal audit to provide important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective advisory support. As an internal audit professional, you will be leading engagements to identify control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvement and efficiency opportunities, as well as company-wide cost improvements. EY is a global leading service provider in this space, with a reputation for high quality and cost-effective innovative offerings.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. And with a network stretching around the globe, you’ll gain valuable insight across industries and geographies. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As part of our internal controls team, you’ll focus on client opportunities where your expertise can make a substantial impact. You’ll apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services and motivate your team. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
This is a role where no two days are the same – so you’ll find yourself taking on plenty of new responsibilities as you go. In a volatile world, effective risk management protects, sustains and improves business performance. As a risk professional, you’ll be focused on helping our clients develop an integrated and sustainable approach to risk and control that encompasses a holistic view of people, process and technology.
Skills and attributes for success
* Should have experience in Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, other Risk Consulting engagements including Capital Projects review for Real Estate
* Shall also be involved in the development of policy manuals, SOP preparation and evaluation & designing internal controls.
* Will be involved in performing Data Analytics across the Middle East clients as part of the wider Internal Audit and Risk Assessments mandate.
* Interact confidently with team leads for the ongoing requirements of the projects on hand
* Consistently deliver quality client services and take charge of the project area assigned to him/her
* Monitor progress, manage risk and verify key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
* Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge
* Understanding and knowledge of ERP systems such as Oracle/SAP, MS Dynamics, GRC systems (SAP, RSA Archer, etc) and experience in implementation of Oracle/SAP is a plus
* Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
* Engage with client in identification and monitoring of Risk Analytics opportunities on new and existing accounts.
* Use available technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of work products and services.
* The job would require travel (Over 80%) to client locations in Middle East and North Africa such as United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, KSA, Bahrain, Egypt and Oman.