- To contribute to teaching and learning in the field of Computer Science.
- The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the delivery of topics relating to Data Science, Programming, and Mathematics among others.
- All role holders will have a growing reputation in a combination of teaching and/or scholarship and/or research and/or enterprise, a good understanding of resource management and administration in their own area. Typically, roles will incorporate at least two areas of focus. Role holders will contribute to income generation and the continual enhancement of the activity, knowledge and values required for internationalising HE.
- In future this role will also be expected to engage actively in research and income generation with a focus on Computer Science.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To take responsibility for development, preparation and delivery of teaching, learning and assessment both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels including module leadership where appropriate. To contribute to the development, organisation and management of the curriculum to include international and intercultural experiences.
- To demonstrate good practice in teaching, learning and assessment using a wide range of learning resources and appropriate pedagogic practice.
- To ensure that teaching is informed by contemporary research in the relevant field and develops the ability of students to engage in debate, critical discourse and rational thinking.
- To contribute to the wider student experience e.g. through personal tutoring, participation in recruitment, involvement in employability initiatives.
- To reflect critically on personal teaching practice, implement improvements, and engage actively with the quality monitoring and enhancement processes.
- To assist with development of external partnerships in Egypt and/or overseas and development of relationships with professional organisations and agencies where appropriate.
- To work effectively as a team member, contributing to committees and working groups, and where appropriate supervising or mentoring other members of staff.
- To undertake professional development in support of both teaching and research.
- In future/at a later date to undertake research as appropriate, through a range of approaches,
- contributing actively to Faculty Research Centres or communities of practice internally and/or externally
- working on externally-funded projects or contracts
- assisting with bid-writing or tendering for external funding
- disseminating research outputs using a range of media e.g. academic publications, external reports, conference presentations, short courses for knowledge transfer, exhibitions, performances
- developing external networks nationally and/or internationally
- supervising research students
|Job Location:||Cairo, Egypt|
|Job Role:||Teaching and Academics|
|Company Industry:||Other Business Support Services|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|