About the Job
- To provide a professional and effective service covering health and safety, quality and environmental corporate and legal responsibilities.
Responsibilities / Duties:
Health and Safety
- Liaise as necessary with Facilities Managers, Supervisors and employees to ensure compliance with legal obligations and statutory requirements.
- Implement and monitor HSEQ policy, procedure and practice across all departments and sites. Ensure that policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, in order to maintain the integrity of the operational activities.
- Implement and monitor emergency procedures, first-aid facilities, safety signs, relevant protective clothing and equipment, accident and incident reporting to the Facilities Manager and relevant authorities.
- Undertake risk assessments and implement risk control measures.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
- Promote a culture of responsibility, compliance and continuous improvement for all aspects of HSEQ. Implement and monitor all initiatives to minimize accidents and incidents
- Undertake regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees regarding health and safety issues and risks.
- Maintain detailed records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements.
- Maintain detailed records of incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
- Implement control policy, procedure and practice for exposure to hazardous substances and danger from flammable, explosive, electrical equipment, noise, radiation,and manual handling, and all other potential risks. Knowledge of COSHH Regulations or equivalent.
- Ensure that working environments across all departments and sites satisfy health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities. Also food handling, preparation and hygiene facilities, where appropriate.
- Manage and organize the safe disposal of hazardous substances.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all legislation and any developments that affect the FM industry.
- Comply with all processes and procedures (Human Resources, HSEQ, Finance, Information Technology, Procurement, Operations) which include compliance with all applicable rules and regulations of the local labor law.
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
Marine Manufacturing & Services Recreational Facilities and Services
Education / Qualifications
- Minimum IOSH, – IOSH Managing Safely, NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- An auditor certificate is an advantage.
- High school leaving diploma.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent understanding of HSEQ requirements relating to operational activities.
- Good level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Collaborative style who can Fosters and develops beneficial partnerships.
About this Company
EFS Facilities Services is a regional leader in delivering integrated facilities management services across the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and Turkey. EFS has been accredited for over 16 years in providing quality services to some of the biggest regional names including…