About the Job
Responsible for creating quality graphics and designs for product development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile and software applications.
Visual Designers weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible.
As a Visual Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms.
We follow a simple but vital premise in the UX group: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.” We’re interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.
- Design, refine and iterate to create the best user experiences for web and apps’ products and ensure that the product logically flows from one step to the next.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Product team to explore, define, plan and execute product features.
- Research, design, prototype new user experience in collaboration with the product Manager.
- Prepare corporate presentation for Product Development team and Top Management.
- Deliver user cases and scenarios, Wireframe and prototypes, mockups of screens and flows, visual assets’ production, documentation of design guidelines for the design’s implementation.
- Create determine the layout, mockup, colors, font type, logos, pictures and other visual, verbal aspects of a website and mobile app.
- First, a Web graphic designer determines what the employer wants out of the product a specific focus on studying and researching how people use a site. Then ushering changes for the better through the system and testing the results
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to Front-end developer.
- Translates program, product and service specifications and creative direction into design concepts, art, and designs.
- Ensures branding standards are consistent, maintained and in-line with design and brand standards.
- Executes artistic design and layout solutions with a high level of proficiency and artistry, including icons, color schemes, interface features and transitions.
- Conceptualizing original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in a related field
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, UX writer) on technical implementation
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.