About the Job
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) works in a wide variety of areas within the humanitarian and development fields, regardless of race, creed, religion, or gender, to advance our mission to assist the poor and vulnerable. Our team reflects this diversity. The CRS Egypt country program began in 1956 at the invitation of the Egyptian president Nasser by providing relief assistance to the victims of the Suez War. Over the following few decades, CRS Egypt moved from large-scale food relief to long-term poverty alleviation and development programs.
- Currently, CRS Egypt has three main programs: livelihoods, interfaith peacebuilding, and education assistance for refugees. Projects under these programs range from the provision of technical assistance and capacity building of partners, to the promotion of peace and tolerance, the provision of grants for refugees, and the protection and safeguarding of children.
- CRS Egypt currently holds a main office in Cairo, and the refugee support sub-office in Maadi with activities in Greater Cairo, Upper Egypt and the North Coast.
- CRS’s Peacebuilding and Partnership program is currently funded by the US Government through the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) to promote peaceful coexistence in targeted areas stricken with sectarian violence in Upper Egypt as well as to support building the capacity of community-based organizations in the sector of women social empowerment.
- You will assist project MEAL activities implementation, under the supervision of the MEAL Project Officer, by working directly with partners, vendors, refugee communities, and host communities coordinating various project MEAL activities and events in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the refugees and asylum seekers in Egypt. Your service and community relations skills ensure that the partners and communities feed into and benefit from the project that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving the livelihood opportunities available for refugees and asylum seekers in Egypt.
- Support the implementation, coordination and monitoring of project MEAL activities at the field level, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed activity plan, and that adherence to systems for quality project implementation are strengthened.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, partners, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders in strengthening the refugee communities’ interests, involvement, and support networks.
- Collects quality data using MEAL tools on a timely basis.
- Contributes to monitoring the livelihood program database to ensure accessibility and reliability of information.
- Contributes to reflective community-based conversations on ongoing project interventions.
- Shares insights and perspectives based on observations and interactions with community members, colleagues, and stakeholders.
- In coordination with the project team support capacity building interventions for project beneficiaries, partners, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits with beneficiaries and ensure success and challenges are brought to the attention to the MEAL Project Officer.
- Contribute in writing human interest pieces/success stories and other communications materials to promote the project and illustrate the impact.
- Supports in preparation of project narrative reports, quarterly performance indicator tracking tables, baseline, and final evaluation reports.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Support:
- Compile data provided at the activity level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
- Supports MEAL system to ensure accessibility and reliability of information
- Communicates key project information and results with community members, colleagues, and stakeholders.
- Contributes to reflective conversations on ongoing project interventions.
- Shares insights and perspectives based on observations and interactions with community members, colleagues, and stakeholders
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
Other – Not Classified
Required Background & Experience:
Education and Experience
- Graduate degree in international relations or a related field.
- Two years of work experience in MEAL Management.
- Experience with word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Data analysis experience, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Experience utilizing ICT4D tools and approaches to improve project management
- Experience in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
- Observant, active listening, and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Appropriate time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Personal ability to deal, in a humble and dignified way, with a vulnerable segment of beneficiaries.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work smoothly in a multicultural environment while building good teamwork spirit.
- High tolerance rate for working under pressure and dealing with diversified cultures and tense situations.
Required/Desired Foreign Language:
- Excellent command of English and Arabic.
- Travel required to sub-offices, CBOs, trainings, field visits and other relevant locations within Greater Cairo, estimated at 40%.
About this Company
Catholic Relief Services was founded in 1943 by the Catholic Bishops of the United States to serve World War II survivors in Europe. Since then, we have expanded in size to reach more than 130 million people in more than 100 countries on five continents.