About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Freight manager to manage client’s daily shipping and distribution operations. Will be the one to ensure complete orders are shipped and delivered in a timely manner.
A successful Freight manager is analytical, well-organized and excels in communication. They must be comfortable with paperwork and information systems and have great knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures.
The goal is to ensure that the shipping processes either by land, sea or air runs smoothly and effectively.
- Use software to track, check, prioritize and route orders
- Determine method of shipment, and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notice; pick slips, bills of lading etc.
- Negotiate and arrange transport of goods with shipping lines and freight companies.
- Notify consignees, passengers, or customers of the arrival of freight or baggage, and arrange for delivery.
- Retrieve stored items and trace lost shipments as necessary.
- Arrange insurance coverage for goods.
- Advise clients on transportation and payment methods
- Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment
- Supervise and lead subordinates
- Control budget of the freight department
- Collaborate with other managers to optimize processes
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Report to management on activities and issues
Keep records of all goods shipped, received, and stored
5 to 7 years
Not Specified at least
Food and Beverage Production