About the Job
The Accounts Receivable and Payable Specialist is responsible for full-cycle Accounts Receivable and Payable Accounts and must be able to meet monthly deadlines.
- Verify accurate job setup and owner contract information in the ERP system.
- Process AR invoices and related documentation in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Verify and balance AR billings.
- Enter cash management transactions and reconcile bank accounts and making sure all reconciling items are resolved.
- Track and maintain documentation, and payment irregularities.
- Analyze and troubleshoot billing issues.
- Manage in compiling, analyzing and processing all receipts.
- Maintain AR aging within terms. Apply checks, ACH payments.
- Read various forms of agreements to determine contractual requirements such as Insurance Requirements, Bonding Requirements, Invoicing Requirements.
- Generate monthly progress contract billings, collect supplier & sub-contractor lien releases.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying TIN numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Setup change orders in ERP system.
- Maintain internal document tracking for all jobs.
- Communicate with the management team on billing & collection issues.
- Notify the Project Accountants on incoming payments related to their projects.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Participate in process review and recommendations.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and meet numerous internal & external deadlines throughout the month.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor and customer accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Preparing all necessary financial and financial analysis for the auditors and the Accountant Manager.
- Reports value-added tax by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Interact with other departments to ensure accuracy and understanding of their entries.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
3 to 4 years
Bachelor’s Degree at least
Construction – Industrial Facilities and Infrastructure
- A degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Strong knowledge of Egyptian Accounting Standards and IFRS.
- Solid background of construction sector accounting.
- 3-4 years Construction AR and AP experience in a job cost environment is critical
- At least two years in a similar job position.
- Experience in cost accounting in Construction companies
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts receivable/payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedure.
- SAP experience (preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and must be detail-oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Excellent in PowerPoint and Word.
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills.
- Ability to follow up on pending issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.