- Manage security for more than one IT functional area(e.g., data, systems, network and/or Web) across the enterprise.
- Conduct Information Security Risk assessment (incl security loopholes) of new procurement /development, and existing production applications, and changes.
- Represent the security needs of the organization by providing security expertise and assistance in all IT projects/changes.
- Provide inputs to enterprise security strategies,security architecture, threat risk assessment, management of security projects and complicated security issues.
- Educate IT and the business about security policies and consults on security issues regarding user built/managed systems.
- Assist in the implementation of ISMS and QCERT NIAPolicy. Enforce security policies and procedures by administering and
monitoring security profiles, reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates/maintains/documents security controls.
- Draft Technical Security Standards (for Operating Systems, Applications, Tools and Hardware/Firmware) and configuration standards to ensure systems are secure by design/configuration.
- Prepare and document IT Security standard operating procedures and protocols
- Validate the security design against vendor, government and independent organization (SANS, CERT etc.,) recommendations.
- Oversee SOC team, which manages security incidents (to protect corporate IT assets, including intellectual property, data and the
- Prepare status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Evaluation products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
- Consume inventory of implemented/used operating systems (incl firmwares), applications (custom and industry standard), hardwares (client PCs, notebook etc.,) for security purposes.
- Collaborate with security product vendors for support,and product evaluations.
– 8-10 years of combined IT and security work experience with a broad range of exposure to systems analysis, application development,
database design and administration.
– Knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms.
Salary & Employment Grade:
Based on relevant experience, skills and education of the candidate as per prevailing Qatar HR
Law for Government Employees.
Direct line to Head of IT Operations Section.
Dotted line to ISO.
Objective: In-charge of IT Security Operations, onsite security engineers.
CISSP/ SANS related certification.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Public Sector)
- Job Role:
- Information Technology
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 8
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma