TOGETHER WE ENSURE URBAN RAIL SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY FOR OVER 3 BILLION PASSENGERS ANNUALLY
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN QATAR
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defense and Security.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 200 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
Thales people design solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our world leading Rail Signaling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We, deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR IT ENGINEER – PIS/PAS TO JOIN THE THALES TEAM IN DOHA, QATAR.
The IT Engineer – PIS/PAS will be responsible for testing, commissioning and final integration of Thales systems.
– Support Installation team regarding PIDS-PAS system implementation
– Liaise and share support to offshore testing team, in test platform
– Lead PIDS/PAS/PES system testing with customer
– Liaise with operational team for system technical queries and demonstrating functionalities
– Attending clients meeting on need basis
– Perform FAT,PCC, PAT, SAT, and integration tests
– Prepare System tests reports and submission for approvals
– Support Quality and HSE teams for daily system activities
– Actively Support RAMS/System assurance teams
– Prepare and share daily reports to T&C Manager regarding system implementation and testing progress
– Liaise with design team for system concerns and software upgrades
– Schedule Site Test and Commissioning activities w.r.t system readiness
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Computers/IT/Electronics or related field required.
– Engineering degree with preferred 5+ years of experience in Metro rail or similar big projects
– Strong experience minimum 3-4 years telecommunication System Test & Commissioning for large infrastructure/Metro/Railway projects.
Your contributions to Thales’ cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in QATAR, we provide careers – not jobs.
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.