The Client is looking to recruit a Private Equity Analyst to join their growing team and take ownership of a broad set of tasks include financial modelling and analysis, compiling investment memorandums and a multitude of critical/strategic thinking.
Our client is a global alternative asset manager with a strong investments track record in the region across private equities, infrastructure, credit investments, etc. and a growing appetite to invest further.
The role presents an opportunity to join a major global player. The Analyst will take primary ownership of financial modelling and preparing investment reports for the underwriting and execution of transactions, which also involves investment screening, portfolio management and exit readiness primarily across private equity.
The ideal candidate will currently be an Analyst 2/ Analyst 3 at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank (or would have recently transitioned to a Top Tier Private Equity firm) in the GCC, and thus have significant exposure to M&A transactions across sectors (preference for exposure to Infrastructure M&A). Qualitatively, they will have a passion to work in Private Equity, and will be enthusiastic about being an early member in a growing team and a progressive career with the firm.
An overview of the responsibilities would be:
* Conducting research on market trends, pricing and competition including recent acquisitions and dispositions, etc and assisting in sourcing for opportunities
* Conducting due diligence on potential investments including building financial models and providing analysis on the same
* Building complex financial models including building assumptions and translating data on the same
* Assisting with the preparation of high-quality investment committee presentation materials and other supporting documents in a clear concise manner
* Assisting with the execution of acquisitions and dispositions including preparation of aspects of draft term sheets, letters of intent or offer letters
* Managing information into data room for buyer due diligence and assistance with submitting the same
* Being involved in other ad-hoc projects for the team
Great exposure and excellent career progression
The ideal candidate will:
* Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business/ Finance / Economics from a top tier university; with a preference for a Masters Degree/ MBA
* Have 2-3 years’ experience within a bulge-bracket investment banking firm/Big Four or recently transitioned into private equity
* Have excellent quantitative skills and financial modelling skills such as valuation, merger models, portfolio metrics, DCF models etc.
* Have excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
* Arabic speaker – preferred
* Be passionate about having a career in Private Equity
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting
Banking & Financial Services
Property & Construction
Engineering & Supply Chain
Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.