GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The quality inspector will be responsible about the quality inspection tasks in the cell operations. In this role, he will build knowledge about all aspects of quality in operations and inspection during repair of gas turbine components from incoming inspection, in-process inspection and final inspection. He will also build knowledge about writing technical reports of job conditions and defects happen in operations.
The selected candidate must conform to all safety and quality requirements. This candidate is expected to go above and beyond and lead by example.
– Follow all GEMTEC policies and procedures and be a promoter of EHS, Quality and compliance on the shop floor
– Perform incoming inspection check of gas turbine components and identify defects as received condition.
– Perform measurement check using measurement tools
– Perform serial number check and drawing number check
– Perform visual inspection of gas turbine components, spare parts and scrap screening
– Write technical inspection reports as incoming inspection and final inspection of gas turbine components.
– Perform in process and final quality assurance and control checks of assemblies, tools, components, fabrications, and parts using a wide variety of standard and special measuring gauges, devices and techniques
– Perform documentation audit during in process and final quality check.
– Raise technical quality notes to quality engineer and follow up to resolve issues.
– Technical diploma with related work experience
– Knowledge of EHS and quality required in manufacturing operations
– Basic principles of gas turbine operations
– Ability to read and understand Work Instruction and QMS procedures.
– Ability to write technical reports.
– Ability to understand drawing and technical documents.
– Ability to read, write and communicate in English
– Ability to use MS Office application
– Preferred SAP knowledge.
– High school diploma or equivalent
– Ability to read work instruction
– Willingness to change daily work schedule on short-notice in order to meet business needs
– Preferred be able to read, write, and communicate in the English language
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Dammam
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.