• Preparing weekly reports about Facebook posts and shared news IRD’s managements.
• Represent internal communications unit in seminars, UN conferences and trainings.
• Produce promotional materials for launching the Internal Communications Initiatives i.e. brochures, leaflets, posters, guidebook.
• Review best internal communication practices in the fields and develop new initiatives to enhance all dimensions of communication between the agency and its staff members.
• Collaborate with the various IRD HQ departments and with communication officer in the fields of operation to improve Agency communication with its staff members, and the refugee community.
Community Mobilization Support
• Track the implementation of the newly developed community concerns survey by accompanying and sourcing feedback from the team of community mobilizers and Syrian Outreach Volunteers (SOVs) who are administering the camp-wide questionnaire in the field. Use feedback and observations to improve the survey as needed through coordination with IT team.
• Track, clean, analyze and synthesize incoming data from the door-to-door community concerns questionnaire, which is collected and stored in CMORE. This information is to be analyzed and visualized to create informational factsheets to be shared with relevant camp stakeholders on a biweekly or monthly basis.
• Share finalized factsheets with all relevant camp service providers for their feedback and responses to community concerns and challenges identified through the responses. Compile responses from service providers and share with the community mobilization component to be shared back to the community.
• Edit Community Gathering (CG) minutes, share with all relevant camp sectors for feedback, and incorporate the received feedback in the records. Any feedback received to be shared with the community mobilization coordinator for community dissemination.
• Maintain an information management system for all records, including but not limited to, CG minutes, door-to-door survey factsheets, etc. This includes an effective filing system in OneDrive to be accessed by the team and program management when needed.
Writing and Editing
• Work closely with 12 community mobilizers to edit incoming minutes of Focus Group Discussions (FGD) and Community Gatherings (CG). This requires impeccable English skills, ability to respond promptly with edits, and to provide constructive feedback to the team so as to ensure high quality of information being recorded in the field.
• Edit community highlights as well as weekly announcements and feedback for CGs and send back to focal points in a timely manner. Must be comfortable and prompt in editing material in English language, with a focus on content, grammar, and clarity.
• Draft and edit success stories to highlight program achievements and accomplishments. Work closely with program components to obtain information, details, photos, and anything else needed to develop the stories. Once drafted, should take the lead in pushing the articles through the different levels of review and approval (upper program management and HQ communications team) before publishing/sharing with donor.
• Work closely with programs director and reporting/programs officer to contribute to the development of assessment reports, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), internal weekly reports for the Za’atari team, and other ad-hoc requests based on need.
• Excellent written and spoken English skills. Fluency is required for this role.
• Ability to deliver high quality written products paying attention to details and accuracy.
• Strong ability to draft and edit documents, with attention to quality of content, grammar, and clarity.
• Strong demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, to name a few.
• Must be able to work with large data sets, analyze, and visualize incoming data using CMORE, Excel, etc. Ideally, the candidate should also be comfortable contextualizing qualitative and quantitative data into ad-hoc reports or assessment reports to contribute to program development.
• Able to work independently, delivering high quality work under tight deadlines.
• Must demonstrate a high level of motivation, flexibility, good communication, social, and interpersonal skills.
- Job Location
- Mafraq, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma