Action Against Hunger has been working in Jordan since 2015. Our projects are related to WASH, FSL and MHCP. We are working with Syrian Refugees and Vulnerable Jordanian HHs both in Camp (Azraq Camp) and in Host communities (Azraq and Irbid). ACF MEAL department is working as a cross cutting department for all bases and projects. This position would be based in Amman with MEAL department and working hours would be from 8:30 to 5:30 with one-hour Lunch break. The position would liaise with MEAL and program teams as and when required.
This position will work directly under MEAL HOD and is expected to develop an Information Management system for the mission, along with support for GIS and paper less surveys (ODK/Kobo). He/she would also be required to develop automated online databases to record all types of data (program, MEAL etc), and develop online Project Dash boards.
Contribute in strengthening MEAL Department through achieving high level of excellence in providing MIS, GIS and ODK/KOBO solutions.
Objective 1: Development of Information Management System
To develop, establish and maintain a central, systematic and integrated Information Management System (IMS) whereby relevant project information, data and lessons of programs are accessible for use as required.
• In collaboration with the Program team and MEAL Technical Coordinator establish and develop a useful central and systematic information management system that will be used to plan, monitor, evaluate and disseminate the results, outcomes and impact of ACF’s work in mission.
• To review and develop tailor made data collection tools at the field level.
• Develop a mechanism to extract manage databases of concluded projects (previous projects)
• Overall Responsible for gathering, collation of project data and analysis of data
• To integrate existing data collection systems (APR) in a comprehensive computerized database
• In collaboration with the Technical Coordinators develop and establish a clear information (raw data) flow chart
• Attend relevant IMS trainings and cascade information and knowledge to the field teams
• In collaboration with the IT Officer create and maintain the structures necessary for data storage
• Participate in the Information Management Systems (IMS) Working Group meetings
• Participate in technical studies as needed/requested
• Extend technical support to the field teams or at any level required for MIS related activities.
• Develop project dash-boards for presenting the results
Objective 2: To develop, establish and manage ODK forms and ODK tools:
• Convert all existing M&E tools to the XML files to upload into ODK/KOBO collect
• Develop/convert forms to ODK/KOBO for new assessments and surveys.
• Creating ODK/KOBO training module for programs staffs.
• Support in conducting surveys on ODK/KOBO.
• Develop survey database/as and when required.
• Extend technical support to the field teams or at any level required for ODK/KOBO related activities.
• Together with IT unit create a space for ODK/KOBO in the available server and manage
Objective 3: To run and manage all GIS related activities:
• Acquisition of up to date geographical administrative boundaries through liaison with the country’s National Mapping Agency, OCHA and other cluster information managers.
• Desk-based data capture (digitizing) to convert paper maps to GIS datasets.
• Develop a comprehensive geo database
• In collaboration with the IT manager to creating and maintain the structures necessary for geo data storage
• Development and production of maps on FSL, WASH and any other sectors:
• Who, What, Where (3W) activity maps to show the location of our interventions across the program areas.
• Creation of any other mapping products to support the team’s activities – such as maps for inclusion in reports and proposals and mapping of assessment activities, locations, permanent flush latrines in schools and health centers. etc.
• In collaboration with the IT Officer and logistics team identify the right hardware and software.
• Extend technical support to the field teams or at any level required for GIS related activities.
Objective 4: Capacity building of the MEAL and Program teams:
• Train/ build capacity of MEAL and program teams on Information Management, ODK/KOBO solutions and GIS requirements.
• Train and conduct follow-up orientation sessions for MEAL and Program teams to better manage data at field level and regularly share the same with MIS Officer.
• Train and conduct follow-up orientation sessions for MEAL and Program teams on ODK/KOBO requirements to be able to have pool of ODK/KOBO experts at field level.
• Train the project Data Analysts and/or other field staff to capture the coordinates of “assets” using GPS (global positioning system) tools e.g. WASH locations, FSL, Nutrition or any other program intervention
Objective 5: Commit, lead and comply to ACF values, principles and policies:
• Commit and comply with the organization gender, age and diversity principles & policies (working with people, communication)
• Lead on the promotion of gender, age and diversity principles through daily activities and or through the management of their teams and through the planning and implementation of operations and strategies (Managing performance & development)
Undertake any other tasks assigned by MEAL HOD
REPORTING RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES:
• Generate all required reports and data from MIS whenever required,
• Prepare monthly report of the tasks completed
• IMS database
• Matrices, tables, graphs
• IMS training guidelines
• Maps as needed/requested
•Mandatory Graduation in statistics, demographics, public health, development or other social sciences or pure sciences.
• Mandatory knowledge or training on MIS, GIS and paper less surveys
• Mandatory at least two years of experience in information management and GIS
• Previous experience working for NGOs an asset.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Honesty, reliability, autonomy and sense of responsibility.
• Must be able to train others (to listen, to advise, to support, to motivate …)
• Must be able to take decisions and choose priorities.
• Good practice of map making and know-how of spatial data sources and its collection.
• Good knowledge of English and using computer, especially Excel, Google Earth, and related QGIS and RS software’s.
• Good knowledge of IMS and its structures & management.
• Have knowledge of programming and spatial databases.
• Capacity of analysis, synthesis and reporting.
• Good knowledge of Power BI and other related software.
• Must be able to work independently and work under deadlines.
• Demonstrate understanding, willingness and capacities to commit and comply, implement and promote gender, age and diversity principles & policies.
• Excellent writing and reporting skills. Track record in external publications is an asset.
• Experience in multi-sectoral and participatory appraisals would be an asset
• Salary between: 1490 and 1660 JOD depending on the profile.
• Health insurance provided to the staff and contribution to the coverage of direct family members
• Rent or transportation contribution for a year depending on ACF criteria and location
• Action Against Hunger is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
ABUSE REPORT REFERENCE:
• Action Against Hunger has zero-tolerance for bribery, corruption or abuse of power in any form. If you suspect or find yourself in a related situation during your interaction with Action Against Hunger, immediately contact the organization’s management through the following address:
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,500 – $2,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma