- Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF protocols, safety and IPC measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff.
- In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance.
- Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient-diagnosis, evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly.
- Implementing as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations etc.)
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents.
- Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
- As member of the Infection Control Committee, participating in and supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
- Reporting any irregularities to NAM or IPC managers or PMR and producing reports with information & recommendations for the monthly medical reporting.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of Covid-19-specific requirements per guidelines and other information shared by HQ; ensure implementation in the health facility.
- Identify training needs for hygiene agents; design and facilitate trainings for hygiene agents.
- Facilitate trainings on Covid-19-specific IPC topics for medical and non-medical staff as relevant.
- Identify hygiene procedure that need to be changed in the targeted population and collaborate with the (para)medical team to promote good practices.
Salary: 1380 JOD.
Contract Duration: 1 month fixed term contract with the possibility of extension based on operational needs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Mafraq, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Other Healthcare Services
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma