Scope and Purpose
Under the direction of the Director, Intensive English Program (IEP) the Full Time Testing Assistant is responsible for assisting students, staff, and faculty in the operation of equipment and software used for instructional, communications, and other information technology applications in the open computer lab area of the
Library Lab. The incumbent will fulfil a variety of administrative duties such as, but not limited to, helping with and administering university placement tests, proctoring exams and class registration for students.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students, staff, and faculty with the start-up of the computers in the Testing Center
- Answer any questions concerning the usage of various software packages used in the Testing Center.
- Securing computer classroom. This includes making sure that no one is in the room when closing the lab and that all doors and windows are locked.
- Set up computers, teacher stations, and projector equipment for occasional courses that will be conducted in the Testing Center.
- Responsible for the intake of scheduled and walk-in testing examinees for University Testing.
- Setting up all the paperwork and logistics required for testing to receive examinees.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the IEP Director.
Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business Administration,
English Literature or related to job responsibilities.
A minimum of 2 years of experience desired preferably in an academic testing environment.
Skills and Knowledge:
- General knowledge of software applications.
- Good communication skills and able to work with many different personalities.
- Able to work in a busy environment.
- Good computer skills for course preparation and
execution, i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, e-mail, Office 365, Google docs and LMS.
- Demonstrated management, organizational, and
- Written and spoken communication skills both in Arabic and English.
- Good organizer, positive team member, and an
ability to interact in cross-cultural relationships required.
- Job Location
- Hawali, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma