PURPOSE, SCOPE AND IMPACT
The HR Officer 1 support in the delivering professional HR support, services and advice to all staff members. Support line managers and employees to adequately respond to the operational challenges. S/he is responsible for delivering HR services in line with ICRC and the delegation’s policies as well as applicable laws and regulations. S/he will undertake capacity building measures for staff and managers and will also be the focal person for all HR Compliance related matters.
• Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities.
• Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
• Apply the security rules at all times.
• Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
• The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understand and know all staff-management policies in the delegation.
• Ensure that staff-management policies are applied correctly.
• Propose and apply improvement of HR Policies and Procedures.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with local labor law and staff regulations.
2. HR Administration
• Contributes in conflict management and discipline action in coordination with the line manager. Prepares consultation drafts related to HR issues, in coordination with the HR Manager, consult with the lawyer for Legal Advice.
• Suggest solutions to keep practice in coherence.
• Explains administration instructions (salary payments, salary advances, etc.).
• Approves and Issues certificate confirming employment or end of employment upon request.
• Ensures Staff Regulations are well explained and understood.
• Drafts and types correspondence in English and Arabic independently.
• Drafts and type new ICRC contracts and attestation of employment in Arabic and English.
• Enters employee data on Strategic/ HRspace and ensure correctness and coherence.
• Follows up absences, holidays and compensations and ensures coherence.
• Manage the billing and the administration (in and out) of the staff medical insurance.
• Distrubute the employee health cards and issue the ICRC employee cards.
3. Learning and development
• Provides the lists of available internal training to
• Identify training provider in Jordan
• Organize trainings
• Drawing up a training plan with the line managers
• Managing training budgets
• Producing materials needed for training
• Working with training providers to develop suitable content for the sessions.
• Deliver training and HR communication to staff and managers.
• Registers and files training certificates/diplomas in the personal file.
• Manages and defines language-training policies based on the needs.
• Approve iDevelop requests.
• Coordinate and collaborate with the LnD Unit.
• In cooperation with the line mangers, sets priorities for courses for each staff needing the course.
4. Framework and compliance
• Draft policies and procedures and helps other HRO in the drafting of the policies and procedures related to their area of responsibility.
• Ensure the compliance exercise is completed evry year and plan corrective/improvement mesurs
• Follows up the status and statistical data on the PMD.
• Guides the employees to fill in their objectives according to the PMD standards.
• Communicates with GVA HR Shared Services (sends ticket) to solve technical issues.
7. GENERAL MANAGEMENT
• Attends and participates in HR meetings.
• Write minuts of meeting, when requested.
• Reports on occurred problems immediately.
• Provides statistics or other reports when required.
Responsible of coordinate the Training provided with LND and manage the iDevelop requests and other HR daily requests.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
• University degree in a field of study relevant to the post or additional professional an institutional experience in a relevant function.
• 4 – 6 years work experience in a similar function.
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Knolwedge in change management.
• Very good experience as training facilitators.
• Very good computer skills, incl. spreadsheets and ICRC standard software.
• Capacity to apply and imporve ICRC rules and procedures.
• Capacity of treating information confidentially.
• Team leadership skills.
• Very good negotiation skills.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Human Resources and Recruitment
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,000 – $1,500
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Min: 25