Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental organization working in more than 40 countries in the fields of nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water sanitation and hygiene, and care practices. Action Against Hunger is looking for its program in Jordan for HR Officer
Work place: Irbid Governorate
Monthly Basic Salary Range: 814 JOD
A. Specific Objectives:
Support the Base HR Manager in the management of the Human Resource department and Administrative Tasks for Irbid Base.
The HR Officer is responsible for day-to-day HR & administrative requirements, functions and general office management of the Action Against Hunger Irbid Base and to support the HR Manager in all related the Human Resource and Administrative functions for Irbid Base.
B. Main Objectives
Mission 1: Attendance sheets & Leaves Requests:
• Monitoring attendance sheets of staff on daily basis.
• At the end of each month, all attendance sheets should be checked and approved by line managers.
• At the end of every month, the HR Officer/Officer is responsible to all base attendance sheets and leaves attached.
• Timesheets tracking system for national staff in the field office and file all timesheets appropriately.
• Document control for all HR filing system and catalogue HR materials, maintain reference library.
• Maintain data integrity in Cornerstone by performing regular audits.
• Making sure hard copies of the Leave requests are always available in hard copies for employees.
• Making sure all leaves are complete, signed, and checked with attendance sheets. (Leaves should be submitted to HR department 24 hours prior to the date of the leave requested)
• Updating leaves FU table (adding 2 on the 1st day of every month to all staff & pro-rata with consultation with HR-Manager).
• Adding the number of day’s staff takes on weekly basis on the table.
• Send the updated leaves’ table to all managers at the beginning of each month/upon receiving payroll system closure.
• Update the leave FU for the managers every two weeks, and share it with the teams.
Mission 2: On-boarding & Off-boarding:
Whenever Action Against Hunger has a new comers or leavers on duty, the HR Officer/Officer is responsible to:
• Collect and review all new hire paperwork.
• Follow up and communicate to new hires on missing paperwork
• Make an attendance sheet for him/her, highlighting the starting date on it.
• Collecting all necessary documents to issue him/her Action Against Hunger ID, email, and health Insurance card (plus medical form and health insurance booklet). (If not ready yet, should follow up to get them ASAP).
• Request –if applicable- laptop, tablet, Link access in coordination with logistic Department.
• Participate in implementing the induction and orientation process for new staff in the office about Action Against Hunger in general, and about HR procedures in particular.
• Introduce him/her to all Action Against Hunger staff.
• Participate in providing active support for developing and implementing Action Against Hunger’s HR policies and practices.
• Assist in the conduct of Exit interviews by the Field Coordinator/HR Manager (if appropriate).
Mission 3: Updating all Records:
• Making sure the staff list is up to date (English and Arabic Version), full name, Action Against Hunger phone number, national number, residency place, Joining date).
• Making sure contact list is up to date and advertise it to the board.
• Making sure the health insurance FU table is up to date. (Including all the new staff names).
Mission 4: Filing and Archiving and E-archiving:
• Create or update records with new personnel files and information.
• Store all paperwork in designated places securing the personnel files.
• Maintain an efficient filing system to make updating and retrieving files easier. (Easy access filing system).
• Follow up and update the e-filing system for HR personnel files, recruitment records, staff development records, and notify HRM immediately about missing materials.
• Follow policies and confidentiality dictations to safeguard data and information
• Monitor inventory of files, paper clips etc. and report shortages.
• Conduct routine verification to ensure integrity of personnel filing system, in collaboration with HRM.
• Prepare files for Auditors purposes, and track materials removed from personnel files in order to ensure that borrowed files/materials returned and report to HR-Manager.
Mission 5: Recruitment:
• Enable the management of human resources, establish and maintain transparent and objective systems that attract and retain talent, motivate staff to perform effectively, build trust, and facilitate the capacity building and development of employees.
• Printing the interview records and Cv’s to prepare it for the interview.
• Call the candidates to set the interviews appointment.
• Prepare employment letters or any related letters to staff when needed.
• Shared the interviews schedule with the HR Manager and with the line Manager.
• Inform the nominated candidates with the joining date and asking him to collect all the required documents.
• Sending or calling to inform the nominated candidates by the interview result (apologize by phone or sending regret letter).
• Identify continuous improvement efforts regarding the recruitment processes.
• Support in interview for relevant levels
• Prepare and support induction process: Schedule
Mission 6: Staff Development:
• Assist the HR Manager in organizing staff training sessions, workshops and activities.
• Prepare and follow up trainees’ attendance sheet, certificates…etc.
• Participate in E-learning platform follow up and share statistics with F.C.
Mission 7: Team and office Management:
• management of the office supplies (order, create link line for office supplies needs, stock management)
• Manage the office and GH cleaning staff, ensure the planning of their activities, follow up on their performance and support in the development of their capacities
Mission 8: General Responsibilities:
• Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR information at all times.
• Pro-actively suggest process improvement to enhance the efficiency of HR processes
• Maintain an up to date generic JD Library on Irbid NAS (Share-point/Dropbox).
• Work closely with the HRM and implement HR policies and procedures as required.
• Perform other job related tasks as requested by the supervisor.
• Commit and comply with the organization gender, age and diversity principles & policies (working with people, communication)
• Support on the implementation and the promotion of gender, age and diversity principles through daily activities and or through the management of their teams (Managing performance & development