• Picking up Liquid Bulk and Packaged gas products ex Muscat, Nizwah, Sohar, and delivering the product to various customer sites across Oman. All distribution shall be done such that all operations are carried out in accordance with company operating, quality and safety procedures and standards and with national and local legislation and that by working closely with the Plant Manager and Distribution Supervisors to ensure customer requirements are fully met.
• Delivering full / picking up empty Industrial gas, Propane and Acetylene cylinders from various UIGC sites to various customer sites across Oman.
• Loading and off-loading liquid bulk product from ISO tanks and semi-trailers to customer installations and storage tanks.
• To perform in a safe and cost effective way the fulfillment process from local shipping and returning empty containers when it is UIGC containers. This affects direct customers, agents, and distributors and all the products for local distribution.
• To optimize local distribution at customer site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive in a safe and respectable manner at all times
• Compliance with BSP and embrace the safety culture.
• Full quality awareness.
• Attend all meetings, presentations, coffee talks, trainings as requested by the line supervisor.
• Report incidents/accidents and take immediate actions in the event of an emergency and report in line with procedures.
• Follow all EH&S training requirements for Distribution personnel, all equipment and procedures to ensure that products is delivered to the customer expectations, having met all relevant company and international standards
• Minimize product losses
• Participate in any CI event as requested by line supervisor.
• Report NCRs and to ensure compliance with the ERP procedures
• Monitor the operating equipment and keep them running well.
• Notify the maintenance team and help solve problems.
• Ensure the reliability of supply to customer.
• Execute Supervisor’s direction and provide feedback.
• Keep effective communications with Operations, Sales, customers, etc.
• Be responsible for the distribution equipment safety
• Improve English skills, be able to read, speak and write
• Daily housekeeping
• To manage the full for empty
• To optimize the cylinder loading on Trucks
• To report any deficiency in the local distribution system
• Basic Operating knowledge of ERP system
• Good communication & motivational skills
• Problem solving skills
• Familiar with the Merchant gas business.
• Good knowledge in safety
• Honest, hard-working, willing to make efforts for self-actualization
• Flexibility in working shifts, including weekends and off-hours
• Ability to drive to a customer site and resolve an issue
• Good team player
• Proactive, energetic, aggressive to learn
Education and Experience
• Heavy truck driving license
• Minimum 2 years of experience in GCC
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.