Great business decisions that are made are only as great as the commercial teams making them, and we’ve got one of the best in the world. Our commercial teams are the bedrock of Vodafone making the most of opportunities every day and we’re proud to recruit talent who empower us commercially & operationally. We provide Big data, insights and analysis so that we’re armed and ready to shape the future of Vodafone. More insights, more innovation, more freedom. We strive for our A-Game only which is why we’re at the heart of driving innovation and new initiatives for Vodafone. Joining our Commercial team means you will look at strategy, transformation, bids and products. You will evaluate solutions, costs and competition and we encourage and reward you for initiating your own route to success
As an experienced and high energy Head of Sales you will meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Your responsibilities include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve Vodafone financial targets including hitting annual targets, building relationships and understanding customer trends across all Vodafone channels: Retail, Indirect channels (distribution), Key Accounts and Direct Sales. You will also look after our Terminal portfolio, sales & marketing strategies to expand top line and margins generated from this business line.
With us you will be responsible for
• Develop, define and implement the Commercial Sales Strategy to deliver multi-million dollar revenue and profit targets as defined in the annual business plan for Sales & Service and in line with Vodafone Corporate Strategy.
• Provide strategic leadership to develop new sales channels, appointing new channel partners and formulated their business plans to increase business volume and share of wallet of the assigned distributors and resellers.
• Maximize net acquired revenue in all sales channels
• Redefine the role of Retail, transforming it from a transactional Point of sale to an experience hub showcasing the essence of the Vodafone brand via superb digital customer experience
• Work closely with colleagues on cross-territory opportunities and other internal teams on marketing materials and cause studies
• Understand the competitive landscape and market trends
• Develop sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees. As well as counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Apply if you have the following:
• MBA (mandatory)
• 12-18 years of Total experience with at least 8 years in Sales leadership role
• At least 5 years of working experience at leadership level
• Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others
• Strong analytical, sales channel and marketing skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Very strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated track record developing and managing Global Partnerships and driving Partner account activity
• Strong people management experience
• Strong experience in developing, defining strategies
Here at Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to create a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our Vodafone Qatar a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to encourage growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Sound like the corporate function you’d like to be part of?
Get on board today!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 12
- Master’s degree