• The incumbent leads Risk Management function which is a multi disciplinary function covering credit marketing and Operational risk.
• Managing risk applications and risk reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Role includes developing the risk function in accordance with Basle II principles.
• Minimize risk losses and ensuring risk acceptance is consistent with the bank’s risk framework.
• Support the CEO on an ongoing basis and expected to play a significant role as a member of the key credit and risk committees.
• Ensure that the Bank adheres to best practice ensuring credit applications conform to credit policy.
• Manage day-to-day business of the Risk function.
• Responsible for the review and development of sound risk policies and for interaction with the Central Bank of Bahrain
and other regulatory authorities.
Key work-Related Contacts:
• Frequent high-level contacts with persons inside the bank including the CEO and senior management and managed affiliates.
Freedom to Act:
• Limited degree of individual or sole authority as the bank authorizes major risk exposures via standing executive committees.
Managerial Leadership Responsibility:
• Manage the day-to-day business of Risk Management.
• Appoint and motivate suitably qualified risk professionals covering areas such as Credit assessment, Remedial loans, market risk, operational risk.
• Ensure effective communication with departments and other units.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant legal regulatory and internal policy requirements.
• Ensure an effective succession plan.
• Ensure Internal Audit ratings are satisfactory or better for department supervision.
Access to and Use of Confidential Information:
• Has access to banks strategic risk and marketing plans and client’s exposure details. Utmost discretion is required in this regard.
Key Position Metrics:
• Annual revenue/Operating budget: Minimize credit and other losses as compared to budget/Control head count and associated cost.
• BSC in Finance or banking is a minimum education level/discipline, or any relevant degree.
• Mandatory professional qualification/licenses; i.e CFA or ACA and Financial Risk Management “FRM”, with considerable credit risk experience/professional qualification (at least 5 years as a Head of Risk).
• Required experience in terms of region/industry/business/function/role: Located in Bahrain with significant world work experience. Good communication skills, highly numerate with strong persuasive personality.
Human Capital House was set up in the year 2013 with a vision to be a progressive talent acquisition partner for organizations within the local and regional market in the Middle East.
As international markets get ever demanding, corporations globally are presented with the challenges of attracting the right talent. Human capital retention and recruitment remain a critical factor to the success of any company. Strategic decision to recruit the right talent is a key issue to organization as wrong candidate selection can potentially be disastrous to their efficiency.
The critical aspect of choosing the right individual with the apt experience and knowledge becomes more crucial as he/she would need to share the ambitions of the employer, while fitting in to the new culture. Human Capital House has both the experience and expertise to help its clients make the right choice of selection. From understanding client requirements, through identifying and assessing the candidates, our systematic approach strives to ensure successful executive recruitment.