Role and Responsibilities
• As a Head of Operation working in the courier industry, you will be working with the Regional Director and other Heads of Function to influence the creation and communication of company strategy, business priorities and targets for the region and ensures there are systems in place to enable the Operation Managers to receive the information in a timely manner.
• Planning future activities to ensure a cutting edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends.
• Uses open feedback mechanisms from the operations team with other departments to ensure the integration of the strategy with Fetcher’s’ other activities.
• Influences and supports the annual budget process ensuring understanding and buy in from the operations team. Constantly reviews financial data and supports the Operation Managers in providing realistic input into the sales budgets.
• Takes decisions on matters relating to the day to day operation within the defined work area including the strategic planning of resources.
• Translates the strategic goals into operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit; identifies and optimizes promotional opportunities ensuring these are coordinated with wider company promotions and campaigns.
• Ensures that the operation complies with all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health and Safety; influences any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business.
• Takes a lead role in building a strong management culture with the operations team; spends time coaching Operations Managers, identifying skills and opportunities for development; provides advice and guidance on issues when needed.
• Works with the HR team to ensure people management issues are satisfactorily resolved and relevant HR policies and procedures are adhered to. Chairs disciplinary, grievance, capability hearings and appeals as required.
• Proactively manages and reviews the performance and progress of Operation Managers, sets objectives and targets; works with Training team to develop training plans for the team.
• Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
• Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of quality assurance principles, methods, design, testing and implementation relating to operations management.
• Possess the ability to manage detail, establish root cause and be able to extract and analyze data. Must be able to demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical capability.
• Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
• Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Good planning and organizing skills.
• Prior work experience in operations management together with a sound understanding of the international/domestic courier industry.
• Strong organizational skills together with the ability to multi-task are essential.
• Excellent leadership and supervisory skills, together with strong interpersonal skills are essential.
• Previous experience in people management is essential.
• An excellent communicator.
• Highly flexible and adaptable and keen to work in a different cultural and social environment.
• Extensive experience in running/managing a logistics operation with P&L responsibility.
• Liaising with the clients and stake holders to identify their needs/requirements and taking appropriate action.
Education and Experience
• MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain or any other relevant qualification
• Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in the same role or an equivalent position with 5 years of experience in the logistics industry and 2 years’ leadership experience.
A leading tech company in the UAE.