BASIC FUNCTION AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the design and or the creation of graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs such as marketing collaterals, Brochures, catalogues, signage, website images etc. Job requires imaginative flair and awareness of current fashions in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest computer packages and an nderstanding of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact on the design.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Create designs, concepts,and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts. Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services. Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them
with respective departments and making necessary changes.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed. Confer with departments to discuss and determine layout design.
- Creating layouts for company’s corporate website including digital newsletters, online and email advertising.
- Working well in a team, with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers to meet tight deadlines. Must have a thorough knowledge in offset/screen printing technicalities including High Impact Digital prints. Coordinate with print vendors for production.
- Use each and every opportunity that is available for self development to ensure the best performance in an ever-changing retail
– Graphic specialist with more than 4 years of experience that include expertise in hand/spray paintings, illustrations & graphic designing. Experience in advertising agency/Toy retail industry would be of great advantage.
– Should have a thorough knowledge in computer aided design software’s such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator, Corel Graphics. Knowledge in animation software’s such as Macromedia Flash, 3DS MAX, Maya would be of added advantage.
– Should be highly creative, proactive and be able to evolve with outstanding design elements while abiding by the organizations brand identity, Experience in designing Product Catalogues will be a great advantage
– Moderate level of verbal and reading communication skills (English essential, Arabic Preferred).
KEY COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND APTITUDE: – Quality Orientation: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks, being watchful over a period of time
– Managing Work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently; makes timely requests for sick/annual leave time; utilizes sick leave appropriately; and reports for work and returns from breaks and lunch in a timely manner
– Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive – Communication: Clearly conveying and receiving information and ideas through a variety of methods to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helps them understand and retain the message, and permits response and feedback from the receiver.
– Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
– Applied Learning: Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner
- Job Location:
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Retail/Wholesale; Graphic Design
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Design, Creative, and Arts
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma