The Graduate Registered Nurse assists in the process which ensures that patient care is delivered in accordance with established corporate wide policies and procedures, nursing standards, guidelines and protocols, and the HMC Code of Professional Behaviour and Ethics for Nurses and Midwives. She/he provides education to patients and staff based on theoretical and clinical expertise. This position is accountable to provide high quality patient care during her/his duty hours.
This job description should be read in conjunction with the HMC Registered Nurse Scope of Practice, HMC Code of Leadership Behaviours and the HMC Code of Professional Behaviour and Ethics for Nurses and Midwives.
Graduate Registered Nurses are responsible to a Charge Nurse and Head Nurse (Case Manager and Nursing Supervisor for HHCS) to provide professional, quality patient care according to HMC standards.
To fulfil the responsibilities above, the Graduate Registered Nurse, in collaboration with nursing personnel and members of other disciplines, engages in the following activities:
1. Provides skilled safe, holistic and culturally competent, person-centred nursing care to patients, families, community and society, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team irrespective of healthcare settings.
2. Provides direct care for patients and their families in a variety of settings to include the hospital, home, clinics, primary health care units and the community.
3. Provides guidance for and supervision of personnel responsible and accountable to the Graduate Registered Nurse.
4. Coordinates nursing services with the services of other health care disciplines.
5. Assumes responsibility for staffing and scheduling personnel.
6. Ensures assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel.
7. Fosters a climate conducive to education experiences for nurses and students.
8. Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care.
9. Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
10. Accepts accountability for own actions and decision-making and for the related outcome.
11. Delivers nursing care and practices embedding the HMC Registered Nurse Scope of Practice as the ethical and professional framework alongside consideration of the socio-cultural needs of patients, families, communities and society.
12. Functions at all times in accordance with legislative, regulatory and policy guidelines relevant to registered nursing practice.
13. Maintains and demonstrates clinical competence in all aspects of care provided to patients on a specific unit/healthcare setting.
14. Attends to emergency / crisis situations calmly and effectively.
15. Develops, implements, evaluates, revises and provides input to the patients’ plan of care and provides care according to the plan of care.
16. Administers medications and therapies in a safe, timely and effective manner in accordance with HMC policy.
17. Uses communication skills to ensure that other members of the health care team, the patient and their family are and remain fully informed.
18. Exhibits leadership qualities and manages nursing care safely, efficiently and ethically.
19. Ensures nursing practice meets organizational quality and safety standards and guidelines and participates in continuous quality improvement.
20. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction through effective customer service.
21. Delegates and provides supervision to team members according to their competence and scope of practice
22. Demonstrates commitment to the development of other members in the healthcare team, as well as patients, families, community and society.
23. Assumes responsibility for own professional development through lifelong learning and maintains a professional portfolio that includes evidence of continued competence and improvement within midwifery to ensure continued competence and performance improvement.
24. Will enable and provide information on maintaining and optimizing health and maximizing self-care.
25. Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
26. Uses data systems to enhance the quality and delivery of patient care.
27. Uses research, evaluation, service improvement and audit findings to enhance the quality of patient care and protect the rights of those participating
28. Perform other duties as assign
1. Qualified staff nurse with B.sc degree in Nursing with minimum of two years’ experience
2. Specialties – Across all specialties – NICU, PICU, Pediatrics, Endoscopy, Geriatrics, Midwifery, Emergency, Medical & Surgical Unit etc to name a few
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Medical/Hospital; Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician; Healthcare, other
- Company Type
- Employer (Public Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma