• The Geotechnical Engineer prepare Geotechnical Concept Design Report. Prepare Scope of Work for the Geotechnical Investigation and Geophysical Survey. Procurement of Geotechnical Investigation.
• Supervise the site investigation fieldwork and based on encountered field conditions provide advice on technical aspects of the SI works which is likely to include borehole drilling, insitu testing, sampling, installation of standpipes, monitoring of standpipes and pumping tests, and geophysical surveys.
• Monitor the SI Contractor’s fieldwork activities and ensuring compliance with the Technical Specifications and approved documentation.
• Attend technical and weekly progress meetings with Contractor and follow up actions.
• Produce non-compliance notice on work that deviates from requirements of Technical Specification for resolution as needed.
• Monitor the Contractor’s progress against the baseline programme of work and highlight any associated issues and non-compliances.
• Maintain accurate and detailed records and report accurately on events related to site activities and inspections and prepare daily report.
• Assist in preparing Site Instructions (SI’s), Weekly Reports, Minutes of meetings, Contractor’s Payment Certificates and response to Contractors’ technical queries.
• Review Contractors’ invoice submissions in relation to SI fieldwork that have been completed against Bill of Quantities and provide measure of completion.
• Prepare lab test schedule for geotechnical testing of soil, rock and groundwater samples in accordance with Bill of Quantity and Technical Specifications.
• Review preliminary factual GI data/ factual report submissions from the Contractor to confirm they comply with Technical Specification requirements and are representative of site findings.
• Analysis and design of shallow and deep foundations, slope stability, and excavation support system and preparation of Geotechnical Interpretative Reports.
• Master’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent with practical engineering experience of 3 to 5 years is desirable. Middle East experience is an asset.
• Knowledge of current international industry or regulatory codes and standards.
• Specific experience in supervision of geotechnical insitu testing (SPT, DCPT, Plate Bearing Test, Pressuremeter, Packer permeability, Borehole permeability, pumping tests) geophysical survey (GPR, MASW, Cross-hole and Down-hole seismic tomography. Experience in Slope/W and Plaxis is an asset.
• Attention to detail. Ability to perform under pressure to tight deadlines. Thoroughness. Ability to work independently/ minimal supervision.
• Fluent in English in terms of written, spoken and comprehension.
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.