Duties and responsibilities.
· Having extensive knowledge on all modes of delivery such as trucking, airline, shipping or train.
· Having the schedule of shipments in a daily basis, the number of goods to be delivered and the delivery modes used, and the warehouse utilized for overnight transfers essential in international shipping. With this, the freight manager must be familiar with the corresponding fees like international tariffs, warehouse storage charges and weight costs.
· Initiating and coordinating development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
· Assisting in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
· Investigating and planning the most appropriate route for a shipment, taking into account the perishable or hazardous nature of goods, cost, transit time and security.
· Arranging appropriate packing, taking into account the climate, terrain, weight, cost and nature of goods and also the delivery and warehousing of goods at their final destination.
· Offering consolidation services by air, sea and road, ensuring cost-effective and secure solutions to small shippers who have insufficient cargo to require their own dedicated units.
· Developing a business plan and freight strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company freight goals and profitability.
· Responsible for the implementation of the freight strategy in order to achieve the target.
5+ years of relevant experience.
Living in Beirut area
- Job Location
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Logistics and Transportation
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.