Our client has a strong portfolio of companies providing a range of products and services to the oil and gas Upstream, Midstream and Downstream. They are currently looking for a Finance Manager to be based in Khobar.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
• Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
• Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
• Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
• Develop finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
• Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities, projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations, identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
• Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions, minimizing the impact of variances.
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
• Develop financial and tax strategies.
• Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
• Manage the accounting, tax and treasury tasks.
• Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and JVs.
• Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems.
• Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions.
• Report financial results to the board of directors.
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
• Develop and monitor reliable control systems.
• Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
• Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements in KSA and abroad.
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government Departments.
• Report risk issues to the CEO and the board of directors.
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
Qualifications & Experience:
• Accounting or Finance bachelor degree from accredited university with high GPA
• CPA or equivalent qualification.
• Experience in financial management of a portfolio of companies with services, contracting and manufacturing activities for the oil and gas and energy sectors.
• 10+ years of experience and progressively responsible financial leadership roles and in partnering with an executive team
• Excellent analytical, organizational and writing skills.
• Experienced in financial Planning and Strategy, Managing Profitability, Strategic Planning, Quality Management, Promoting Process Improvement, Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets, Financial Skills.
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties.
We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more.
Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering