BHGE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, BHGE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
BHGE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Bently Nevada is an engineering installation service group (P&L) within the GE Oil & Gas – Measurement & Control business. The Systems & Instrumentation Engineer position is sought to perform installation, commissioning & troubleshooting on Bently Nevada Systems Hardware & Software at customer’s sites.
The Field Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
· Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
· Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer’s sites
· Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
· Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
· Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart
· and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
· Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
· Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
· Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
· Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
· Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
· Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
· Minimum four-year Bachelor of Engineering degree from an accredited college or university
· Mechanical Engineering background.
· Must have at least 1 to 2 years of post-qualification experience working in Energy and/or Oil & Gas instrumentation.
· Demonstrate assurance when dealing with clients and Embrace a customer focused mindset.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel.
· Ability to work under stressful working conditions.
· Good Knowledge of Rotating equipment concept
· Good knowledge of Networking: Hardware and Protocols.
· Good knowledge of Modbus, OPC, NetDDE and serial communications protocols (RS232, 422, 485).Good knowledge on Electronics and/or Mechanical troubleshooting skills. Hands-on approach.
· Strong business acumen and ability to sell BHGE products to the customer
· Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
· Strong customer service mindset
· Prior field engineering experience is preferred
· Strong organizational skills
· Prior project management experience is preferred
· FEP program graduate is preferred (internal GE employees only)
· Strong project management skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: Kuwait; Al Ahmadi
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.